Steve's Digicams Forums

Steve's Digicams Forums (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/)
-   Nikon 1 (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/nikon-1-118/)
-   -   Dove (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/nikon-1-118/dove-211247/)

jelow1966 May 20, 2014 11:41 PM

Dove

1 Attachment(s)
Here's what is so far the sharpest shot I have processed from my shooting yesterday. Done with a Tamron Adaptall SP 35-210 which is not the sharpest lens they ever made but is a nice size for this camera. Shot thru double pained glass as well. If I can achieve this type of result consistently i will be happy.

John

edit: This is a better pic as far as focus goes.

jelow1966 May 21, 2014 12:25 AM

Crop

1 Attachment(s)
Here's a 100% crop of it. Not bad for a 560mm (or as I think of it a 375mm) shot done with a $45 lens :)

John

vIZnquest Jun 3, 2014 7:47 PM

The results are great and I got two V1 bodies two years ago and a FT1 adapter. The Tamron 70-300mm VC works on it quite well.

jelow1966 Jun 3, 2014 10:41 PM

Thanks. Looking forward to seeing your pics. Good to know your Tamron works fine with the FT1 since one review I read someone was having problems with getting theirs to work and when I decide to get the FT1 I will probably look at 3rd party lens options.

John

vIZnquest Jun 15, 2014 11:07 AM

Third party lens for FT-1

Only the 70-300mm Tamron VC works with it as far as I know. I tried all others and it did not work as I expected. Keep in mind the center focus point is the only one that will work with any lens that works with the adapter. I got into the using only the center focus point early on in my photography so the center focus and recompose is what I am used to.

jelow1966 Jun 15, 2014 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vIZnquest (Post 1375846)
Only the 70-300mm Tamron VC works with it as far as I know. I tried all others and it did not work as I expected. Keep in mind the center focus point is the only one that will work with any lens that works with the adapter. I got into the using only the center focus point early on in my photography so the center focus and recompose is what I am used to.

That is a bummer, really limits the low budget options with this system, at least as far as long glass is concerned. A 55-300 or so would still be pretty cheap.

John

jelow1966 Jun 15, 2014 8:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vIZnquest (Post 1375846)

One more question if you don't mind. If I used a 3rd party lens (or even an older Nikon) that didn't AF with the FT1 would it still be usable in A mode? That is the one thing I miss the most about using my Pentax with old glass, the ability to not have to worry about exposure as much. As it is now w/ full manual it seems like I end up with a lot of badly exposed shots. Thanks.

John