Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Nikon 1

Old May 20, 2014, 11:41 PM   #1

Default Dove

Here's what is so far the sharpest shot I have processed from my shooting yesterday. Done with a Tamron Adaptall SP 35-210 which is not the sharpest lens they ever made but is a nice size for this camera. Shot thru double pained glass as well. If I can achieve this type of result consistently i will be happy.

John

edit: This is a better pic as far as focus goes.
Attached Images

Last edited by jelow1966; May 21, 2014 at 12:19 AM.
jelow1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 21, 2014, 12:25 AM   #2

Default Crop

Here's a 100% crop of it. Not bad for a 560mm (or as I think of it a 375mm) shot done with a $45 lens

John
Attached Images

Old Jun 3, 2014, 7:47 PM   #3

The results are great and I got two V1 bodies two years ago and a FT1 adapter. The Tamron 70-300mm VC works on it quite well.
vIZnquest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 3, 2014, 10:41 PM   #4

Thanks. Looking forward to seeing your pics. Good to know your Tamron works fine with the FT1 since one review I read someone was having problems with getting theirs to work and when I decide to get the FT1 I will probably look at 3rd party lens options.

John
Old Jun 15, 2014, 11:07 AM   #5

Default Third party lens for FT-1

Only the 70-300mm Tamron VC works with it as far as I know. I tried all others and it did not work as I expected. Keep in mind the center focus point is the only one that will work with any lens that works with the adapter. I got into the using only the center focus point early on in my photography so the center focus and recompose is what I am used to.
vIZnquest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15, 2014, 12:26 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by vIZnquest View Post
Only the 70-300mm Tamron VC works with it as far as I know. I tried all others and it did not work as I expected. Keep in mind the center focus point is the only one that will work with any lens that works with the adapter. I got into the using only the center focus point early on in my photography so the center focus and recompose is what I am used to.
That is a bummer, really limits the low budget options with this system, at least as far as long glass is concerned. A 55-300 or so would still be pretty cheap.

John
Old Jun 15, 2014, 8:45 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by vIZnquest View Post
One more question if you don't mind. If I used a 3rd party lens (or even an older Nikon) that didn't AF with the FT1 would it still be usable in A mode? That is the one thing I miss the most about using my Pentax with old glass, the ability to not have to worry about exposure as much. As it is now w/ full manual it seems like I end up with a lot of badly exposed shots. Thanks.

John