Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Nikon 1

Old May 22, 2014, 1:27 AM   #1

Default Our Crow likes clean food.

This is the 2nd year that this crow (at least we assume it's the same one) has shown up on our property. He or she is half of a pair and so soon we should have the family show up. Last year it showed up and started to leave half dead snakes in our birdbaths but now it is also leaving bits of dead birds. Not the most pleasant of scenes and it makes a mess in the birdbath but does make for some great photo ops. Shot with my Tamron 400/4 thru the kitchen window.

John

ps I have no idea why it leaves things in water. It will even wash chunks of suet before eating them at times.
Attached Images

jelow1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 22, 2014, 7:21 AM   #2
NHL

Cool - Although I was wondering what are the squizzly line patterns in the background
Old May 22, 2014, 11:09 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHL View Post
Cool - Although I was wondering what are the squizzly line patterns in the background
I'm thinking those are from the window though I don't remember seeing them before. Maybe from PP? I will have to see if they are are on all the shots thru that window. I have a blind set up outside but with the crow unless I have lots of time to sit and wait I usually have to shoot from inside.

John
Old May 24, 2014, 12:30 AM   #4

Can't figure out the squiggly lines. Only present on the shots when he was at the bath. If he was back where the feeders are (where the lines in this pic are) there were none. Something to do with the light or angle I was shooting thru the glass I guess.

John