Steve's Digicams Forums

Steve's Digicams Forums (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/)
-   Nikon dSLR (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/nikon-dslr-57/)
-   -   [Recovered Thread: 98005] (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/nikon-dslr-57/%5Brecovered-thread-98005%5D-95672/)

ericmai Jul 18, 2006 11:30 PM

all of a sudden my flash stops working. I try everything. I power it off. Press the reset. Everything possible to try and get the flash to work again. But it wont go. It will pop up in Auto-Flash but the flash wont FLASH!

Its a Nikon d50 SLR. the flash was working perfectly too until all of a sudden.

Any ideas on what is going on or what I should do? did the bulb just blow? how can i tell if it is?


I just wanted to get some idea of what it could be before I call Nikon or go to a camera repair store.


markvan Jul 19, 2006 6:16 AM


Hi, you are not alone, the same thing has just happened to my D50 too. I've had it less than two months and the flash has been working fine, but all of a sudden, no more flash.

It pops up but won't fire.

Has this happened to anyone else? Perhaps it's a common problem with the D50?

ericmai Jul 19, 2006 7:02 AM

I am hoping that the flashbulb just blew... I will find out today hopefully when I take it to the shop. Ill let you know what it is if I find out.

tommysdad Jul 19, 2006 7:32 AM

Have you tried seeing if the flash will fire in Aperture or Manual modes?

TD

leeraff Jul 19, 2006 7:51 AM

I certainly can NOT help you here but remember similar posts where even advanced shooters had forgotten they put the camera on a different mode, modes where the camera will not LET the flash fire. Sounds like the above question is more specific. Just passing along that you may have the "oh brother" moment like others if you check which mode your camera is in.

ericmai Jul 19, 2006 3:51 PM

tommysdad wrote:
Quote:

Have you tried seeing if the flash will fire in Aperture or Manual modes?

TD
yea it doesnt work in any mode. trust me ive tried everything.

rjseeney Jul 19, 2006 4:05 PM

Do you have the flash set to active?? There is a button that has a flash icon on it. Press it, hold it down while rotating the command dial. Make sure you see the flash icon in the lcd. It would take a lot to blow a flash bulb, especially such a small unit as the pop up flash.

ericmai Jul 19, 2006 4:16 PM

rjseeney wrote:
Quote:

Do you have the flash set to active?? There is a button that has a flash icon on it. Press it, hold it down while rotating the command dial. Make sure you see the flash icon in the lcd. It would take a lot to blow a flash bulb, especially such a small unit as the pop up flash.
yes it is.

rjseeney Jul 19, 2006 4:20 PM

More than likely, your camera is defective. I'm not aware of any global issues concerning the flash unit on the d50. How long have you had the camera??

ericmai Jul 19, 2006 4:34 PM

rjseeney wrote:
Quote:

More than likely, your camera is defective. I'm not aware of any global issues concerning the flash unit on the d50. How long have you had the camera??
a little less than a year. im sending it in to nikon tomorrow. thank goodness i still have the one year warranty.






All times are GMT -5. The time now is 7:41 AM.