Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums >

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Aug 14, 2005, 2:11 AM   #1

I've been asked to do this for the village but have never attempted it before. Is it just a question of increasing the ISO rating and shooting away in either aperture or shutter mode or are there any specific tips you people can give me? No rush, I have a week!
cameranserai is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 14, 2005, 2:02 PM   #2

A few words: TRIPOD, remote release cable, low ISO (I shot the Macy's 4th of July fireworks at ISO 200, even though I had 100 at my disposal, you decide). I set up the exposure to f/8 and used the remote release cable to control the time of exposure. You have to practice some before you get it just the way you want, but usually an exposure from 4-8 seconds as needed. More than that and you'll get unnecessary details into the shot, like smoke trails lit up by city lights or mix the next set of fireworks into the same shot, which can take away from the impact of the first one. There are a few online guides (more detailed explanations) floating around the forums as well.Oh, and since you'll be using the 70-200 VR, turn off the VR when you use it on the tripod. Just a reminder, I'm sure you already knew that [img]/forums/images/emoticons/laughing-smiley-002.gif[/img]
marokero is offline   Reply With Quote