Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Nikon dSLR

Old Sep 11, 2006, 8:55 AM   #1

I found this while browsing Nikonians,Its an exel spreadsheet with suggestions for custom settings and shooting menus.I found it very helpful.It has got me used to navigating the D200`s menu system .
It may be of some help to new D200 owners

http://www.nikonians.org/dcforum/DCF...202/17033.html

(the link is at the bottom of the first post)

TD
tommysdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 11, 2006, 2:28 PM   #2

Thanks for posting.
vIZnquest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11, 2006, 3:12 PM   #3

No problem, I`ve been playing around with the settings most of the day.If you want to take a quick snapshot , the point & shoot settings work really well.I also got good results with the action settings.

TD
Old Sep 14, 2006, 6:45 PM   #4

Messing with that spreadsheet for an hour is worth more than 10 hours of reading the manual.

That spreadsheet is pure gold.

I have programmed my cameras to their suggestions and have only changed a couple of things that tend to work better for me.

1) I don't save files as RAW+JPEG as my system has no real use for the JPEG and it just wastes card space.
2) I programmed the programmable function button to be spot metering.

Other than those two things, I have found the settings they suggest to be just about perfect.

Regards,
Terry
tbconnors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15, 2006, 5:41 AM   #5

tbconnors wrote:
Quote:
Messing with that spreadsheet for an hour is worth more than 10 hours of reading the manual.

That spreadsheet is pure gold.

I have programmed my cameras to their suggestions and have only changed a couple of things that tend to work better for me.

1) I don't save files as RAW+JPEG as my system has no real use for the JPEG and it just wastes card space.
2) I programmed the programmable function button to be spot metering.

Other than those two things, I have found the settings they suggest to be just about perfect.

Regards,
Terry

I agree with you there Terry, seeing the spreadsheet on the screen is much better than reading the manual,its more simplified than the manual.It saves me a great deal of time in shooting situations.I used the portraitcustom settingslast night ,I`m pleased with the results.The only thing I changed was the flash commander mode as I was using studio lights.

TD