Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Nikon dSLR

Old Sep 11, 2006, 2:21 PM   #1

I`ve been playing around with my D200 and Nikon camera control.Does anyone use their own Custom curves, or know where I can download some samples?.

Thanks

TD
tommysdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 14, 2006, 5:41 PM   #2

I have owned a D100 and now a D200. In fact I was so impressed I bought two D200 bodies for walking around.

I used custom curves and messed with the color of the D100 a lot and finally got it where I wanted it. I bought these two cameras, and leave them on Automatic WB most of the time and have yet to be disappointed in the results.

I would be interested if you find a good custom curve, as I may try it just to see if it improves anything, but so far I have yet to come up with a complaint on these two fine pieces of equipment.

Regards,
Terry
tbconnors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 16, 2006, 3:13 PM   #3

tbconnors wrote:
Quote:
I have owned a D100 and now a D200. In fact I was so impressed I bought two D200 bodies for walking around.

I used custom curves and messed with the color of the D100 a lot and finally got it where I wanted it. I bought these two cameras, and leave them on Automatic WB most of the time and have yet to be disappointed in the results.

I would be interested if you find a good custom curve, as I may try it just to see if it improves anything, but so far I have yet to come up with a complaint on these two fine pieces of equipment.

Regards,
Terry
I can't complain about the D200 either. I've had it for a couple of weeks now. I use it mounted in a copy stand for macro work, my colors are so critical that I use a grey card with the preset WB. I'm very happy with the image quality I get with the D200.

For a walkaround I use the D50. I like it because it's a lot simpler to use in the field and weighs considerably less than the D200.
K6AZ is offline   Reply With Quote