Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Nikon dSLR

Old Oct 1, 2006, 4:07 PM   #1

Hi,

I have the Nikon D50 with the 18-55mm kit lens and a Tamron 70-300mm zoom lens. I have just returned from holiday with this kit. I was using the Camera with the Tamron 70-300mm attached and a couple of times I got the following error in the lcd display:F- - (blinks). I checked the instruction manual to find what this was:No lens attached, or non-CPU lens attached. I have used this lens on quite a number of occations with this error message. I had a fully charged battery, but when I switched the camera off and then back on again, the error message cleared. This happened two or three times. The camera was okay with the kit lens, and the error did not show when using the kit lens. I removed the 70-300mm lens and cleaned the contacts on the lens. After this, I used the lens again, and this time it was okay. I have not had any trouble with the camera, so was just wondering if anyone can shed a light on this problem. I have never had this with my F80. The lens is still under guarantee, so if there is a problem I can return it. Thanks

Martin
Mr.Jingles is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 2, 2006, 11:47 AM   #2

i cant help you with your problem, i have a 70-300 tamron wich works really really really well. but sorry to hear about your problem man, lets hope clean contacts will fix it.

but, why do you say you have a D80 lens problem while you have a d50?
chris89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 2, 2006, 11:54 AM   #3

Hi,

It is a D50 I have, I had been looking at D80 specs and obviously hit the 8 key instead of the 5. Since I cleaned the lens contacts, i have not had anymore bother, so hopefully thats all it was.

Martin
Mr.Jingles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 5, 2006, 9:35 PM   #4

I had the same issue when changing lens. I just removed the lens and re-attached and the error corrected. Jae
nobueno is offline   Reply With Quote