Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Nikon dSLR

Old Oct 5, 2006, 1:09 PM   #1

http://www.century21electronics.com/...?prodid=390010
(perhaps you guys know of this website already...)

now, this website sells Nikon D80 body for $329.......
i wonder if anyone tried to buy from this website.

looks like some sort of a scam.

Same story with the new Canon cameras on their website...

any thoughts?
Usotsuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 5, 2006, 1:33 PM   #2

There is no way in h*** that isn't a scam. If you try to get it for that price with none of the overpriced accessories (the battery, charger, strap, cords, software that should normally come with the camera to begin with) it will magically be out of stock or on backorder. You can always check www.resellerratings.com for customer feedback about a vendor before you buy.
rjseeney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 5, 2006, 1:57 PM   #3

thought so too. but it states that comes with all accessories, even comes with a free cleaning kit...... oh, and a free DVD player. how bout that?. ha.

From the webiste as well:

D80 PACKAGE #4 (28-300) PLUS EXTRAS
Reg Price: $1559 Our Low Price: $639

Old Oct 5, 2006, 2:04 PM   #4

Check out their address.

Keith.
keith1200rs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 5, 2006, 3:04 PM   #5
Administrator

Brooklyn NY ripoffs. Here's what their customers say:

9/16/06 9:23 PM
After receiving this: We have received your order but for verification purposes please call us at 1800-280-9396 ext 225, Mon-Fri from 10:00am(est)-6:00pm(est)Sun 11:00am-4:00pm in order to process your order. I was asked to upgrade to a "Glass" lens. When I laughed and said no, just send the Nikon lens for the price quoted, he said it would take 6-8 weeks to "process". Bogus offer, bogus prices, bogus company, bogus salesman. Would they sell more if they were honest? They probably discovered that there are always more suckers out there.

8/28/06 6:48 PM
Fradulant advertising on JVC GZ MG505 Digital camcorder. Addvertised 799 for camera and nowhere indicated that it didn't come with a battery or charger. To get those two items had to pay $189 for a battery that JVC charges 149.00 for and Century21 charged $179.00 for the ac adapter that comes with the unit. If that wasn't bad enough they charge $45 for shipping that cost $10 and sent the wrong battery. Instead of the 5 hr. battery they sent the 50 min battery. When I called to have them send the right one, they wouln't until I returned the cheap battery thus rendering the camera useless. I felt hijacked by the company and would rate it as the worst internet experience I have had. Bob Erickson

8/22/06 2:27 PM
beware of this seller not everything is included with purchase then charge extra for everything that should be in the box with the item .asked to cancel my order 15 minutes after it was processed and they said there was no way they could cancel i will never buy from these people again

4/12/06 10:08 AM
Do not do business with this company. When Canon came out with a $100 rebate for the Rebel XT, this store increased the price of the camera by $100 in the invoice but did not list the change on their website. Speaking with the customer rep (who said he was the manager) was like speaking with a shady used-car dealer. He wouldn't give his name or the state they do business in. Stear clear of these guys.
steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 5, 2006, 9:01 PM   #6

they've raised the price of the 'body only' from $329 to $549 :O
i should have bought it while it was "cheap". lol. :G