Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Nikon dSLR

Old Oct 9, 2006, 2:57 AM   #1

I wanna know his point of view.

Also, there is no Steve's review of A100, 30D, Lumix L1 and 400D?

Is he sick? or maybehe is planning to stop reviewing digital cameras ?
afukuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 9, 2006, 10:10 AM   #2

Steve is a busy individual like most of us.The facthe does not have a review posted within days of the release of the camera should not be assumed he has stopped working on reviews, and/or is sick

Heprovides a great service for all of us here and patience needs to be exercised here.

He does not review every camera like the D2Hs, forexample,which is what I am interested in.In all honesty the D2Hs isprobably a small market camera model so it will not be reviewed.

This site is free and to be honest I feel we owe alot to Steve and the moderators in keeping this site the way it is.

Patience, patience, patience, or look for the information on the many other sites available.
vIZnquest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 9, 2006, 10:42 AM   #3
Administrator

Thanks for the kind words about us and the site, and yes, we are quite busy and we are posting new reviews every week. The D80 review is currently in progress, look for it soon.
steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 10, 2006, 12:37 AM   #4

steve wrote:
Quote:
Thanks for the kind words about us and the site, and yes, we are quite busy and we are posting new reviews every week. The D80 review is currently in progress, look for it soon.
Thanks steve for the hard work.
afukuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 10, 2006, 7:57 AM   #5

Check out this month's issue of Popular Photography magazine.Good D80 review.Briefly, they comapare it to the D200 but at a better price.
BEECEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 10, 2006, 9:09 AM   #6

BEECEE wrote:
Quote:
Check out this month's issue of Popular Photography magazine.Good D80 review.Briefly, they comapare it to the D200 but at a better price.
I don't know that pop photography has ever given a bad review to any camera. It's a nice mag, and occassionally gives some helpful advice, but I don't put too much stock in their reviews. Most of their income comes from ads placed by the manufacturers whose equipment they are reviewing. Nikon, Canon, etc are not going to be advertising in a publication that has bad things to say about their products. It's not in Pop photography's best interest to be very critical in reviews.
rjseeney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 10, 2006, 12:01 PM   #7

Reading that reminds me of something I noticed in a computer magazine I buy: the winner of their "Best Webhost of the Year" award just happened to be a company who has a two page advert in every single issue...:-)
MrPogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11, 2006, 8:08 AM   #8

I agree with you about the advertising in regards to favorable reviews, but they do list "PRO'S and CON'S which can be helpfull in deciding between multiple cameras.
BEECEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 18, 2006, 5:47 PM   #9

Steve

Anxiously waiting the arrival of your D80 review and am patitient as I can be.

I too want to thank you for all your dedicated hard work.

PS: Love the squirrel photo under your Admistrator tag.

afukuda wrote:
Quote:
steve wrote:
Quote:
Thanks steve for the hard work.
ClickCardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 19, 2006, 8:32 PM   #10

I'm looking forward to the review also. Your reviews are probably the best out there for digital SLRS.
Nikonman57 is offline   Reply With Quote