Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Nikon dSLR

Old Oct 26, 2006, 7:48 PM   #1

I could very well be late on this one but..... My Nikon D50 internal flash took a crap on me right when I arrived in Florida for vacation. This seems to be a regular thing for the nikon d50. Looked it up and everyone else that had the problem had to send the camera back as well. Oh well, guess I'll grab the external after it comes back in from repair.

p.s. I had it about two weeks and it worked fine up until I got to Florida!
Bursie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 27, 2006, 11:27 AM   #2

Ya my friend had problems with his flash on his D50 aswell, For me its never been an issue. His just didn't fire sometimes. (even when popped up)

What was wrong with yours?
Lexiticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28, 2006, 7:03 PM   #3

Flash does not fire in any mode. It pops up just fine but does not know its up or something. Best Buy service sent it to Nikon and said I'll get it back in about a month!
Old Oct 28, 2006, 7:47 PM   #4

Sorry about your luck. The D50 has been remarkably free of defects for the most part when compared to some of the other Nikon DSLR bodies. I think you'll find you'll be able to get faster service by sending your camera directly to Nikon if you have future problems. Since you only had the camera for 2 weeks, BBY should have offered an exchange rather than service repair.
rjseeney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28, 2006, 9:31 PM   #5

Thanks for the advice, I got the BB service plan thinking that they would just let me exchange it. I went over the two weeks because I was out of town. I had it for 21 days. Now to put the icing on the cake, BB called my house today and said they can't send it without reciept info! I gave them all that when I handed the camera over to them. I might just send it myself now. :P