Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Nikon dSLR

Old Oct 31, 2006, 9:03 AM   #1

Has anyone had experience with the "deep discount" web sites for the Nikon D70s?

For example, on ShopcartUSA,com I find the D70s body for as low as $305 at CCI Camera City: $349 at Century 21 Electronics, and $409 at Express Camera.com.

The regular price at most camera stores locally is $699 for the body.
GeneLL is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 31, 2006, 10:28 AM   #2

Looking at the store ratings you'll probably buy at this price the D, pay extra for the7 and then the 0 and then they'll double the price for the "s" on the end. These are all scam artists who charge extra for the strap, the battery, and so on. Just check their ratings with Bizrate or Resellerratings. Look at these comments for example on CCI Camera City and you'll never go near:-

http://www.resellerratings.com/seller1734.html

I leave you to research the others but a cheap deal is normally just that - cheap!

Forget these scam artists and buy from real shops.
cameranserai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 1, 2006, 11:56 PM   #3

I bought my D70s kit from Bestbuy for 799 and I love it. Found the 18-200 VR for $719 and will sell the 18-70 lens next week. Love having the Best Buy warranty for the body and the Nikon warranty for the lenses.

Save your money, it's worth it. I sold my used books on Amazon.com for about 2 months and made over $700 towards my purchase.
doubleA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2, 2006, 6:33 AM   #4

Code:
I bought my D70s kit from Bestbuy for 799 and I love it. Found the 18-200 VR for $719 and will sell the 18-70 lens next week. Love having the Best Buy warranty for the body and the Nikon warranty for the lenses.

Save your money, it's worth it. I sold my used books on Amazon.com for about 2 months and made over $700 towards my purchase.
$799 for the Nikon D70s is very cheap indeed! In my country, it is still selling for around $1000. (With the 18 - 70 mm E.D. lens)
BenjaminXYZ is offline   Reply With Quote