Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Nikon dSLR

Old Nov 17, 2006, 12:01 AM   #1

Check out these two images:

http://www.steves-digicams.com/2005_...s/DSC_0681.JPG
http://www.steves-digicams.com/2006_...s/dsc_0953.jpg

Is it my imagination or is the sky bluer and the other colors more saturated on the D80 shots?
jbigfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 17, 2006, 4:40 AM   #2

At least on my D80, it does seem to render colour in a more saturated fashion than a friend I know who owns a d70s. It's colours are very much like the D50's colours.
StevenC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17, 2006, 7:10 AM   #3

Definitely bluer, but they were not shot at the same time, one has birds, flags, and clouds, and the other doesn't. Maybe the sky was just bluer that day.
ReneB3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18, 2006, 12:57 AM   #4

Well, I took the plunge today and bought a used D70 body! It has nothing except batteries (and a charger) so I will need everything. I suppose I should start with a USB cable and a memory card -- and a lens.

But getting back to the pictures...I had the opportunity to buy a D100 for the same price but I was advised that the D70 is a better camera. When I got home, I looked at more side-by-side pictures, and even the D100 had a bluer, more saturated sky. One critic of the D70 commented on the cyan tint to the sky. I like the more saturated and bluer look of the D100 (and D80) but would hate to scuttle the other advantages of the D70 over this. Can the D70 be made to look like this (i.e., bluer and more saturated) via camera adjustments?
jbigfoot is offline   Reply With Quote