Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Nikon dSLR

Old Nov 17, 2006, 12:15 PM   #1

Hi everyone,

A friend of mine is wanting me to shoot her son's wedding tomorrow. (Saturday)

Now, it is not a BIGor afancy wedding. It is going to be in a little chapel. The light will be alittle low, though I am not sure if they will be using candles or not. I will be using my SB-600 with my Nikon D50. Another question... When the bride is throwing her bouquet, whatshould I set my D50 to, to catchit clearlywithout getting a blurry picture? Could ya'll please tell what to set my D50 to?Some advice would be helpful. Any at all, really. Thanks and God bless!

- TheCartoonist
TheCartoonist is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 17, 2006, 4:44 PM   #2

:? Boy, not to put pressure on you, but this is likely to be the Brides only wedding. Boy, what pressure you have on your photographic skills. Good luck, will be thinking about you while I am watching Ohio State destroy Michigan.
nsclcctl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17, 2006, 10:12 PM   #3

Just shoot aperture prefered and open up the lens, Use center weight meter, set ISO to 800 or 1000 and TTL the sb-600 for everything and you should be OK.

Not much else you can do without experence.

Ronnie
Ronnie948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2006, 3:51 AM   #4

Most of the pics came out well, except when I was shooting the bride coming down the aisle to the alter. I had it on "A" mode I think. Either that or"AUTO" mode.They came out blurry. (I guess it was because she was walking I guess.) Should I of had it on "Sports" mode?) The lighting was actually perfect though. I'll post some maybe...

TheCartoonist
TheCartoonist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2006, 8:23 AM   #5

If you could post some, that would be great. I will be shooting a wedding next year and I need all the help I can get!
Nizidramanii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2006, 2:01 PM   #6

TheCartoonist,

Show us some photos. I just know you did a Great job.

divertwo
divertwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2006, 11:38 PM   #7

Hi Cartoonist,

If you would have used aperture preferred , Center weight metering and set your lens wide open and let the camera set the shutter speed (Probably) 1/60th using the flash and used ISO 800 or 1000 you would have all of the pictures turn out at TTL. Unless you shook the camera yourself you would not have the blurred picture problem. A few years back, Weddings were very difficult, Now with the great Nikon equipment you can do a great job even at F-4.5.

Using TTL the Computer uses the FLASH and not the shutter speed to control the light needed. It worked perfect on My F-4, film camera and it worked on my D100 & 24/120 lensand it still works out using my D200 with 18/200 lens.

One thing I do is use a stroboframe press-T bracket and a Nikon SC-29 TTL cord to put theflash 10 inches above the lens.I point the flash at the subject being photographed and do not put anything at all on the flash head.

Go out and practice and you will be surprised how good and reliable the Nikon flash system is.

Go to: http://www.photodex.com

click ON LINE SHARING

Put RONNIE948 as members name

and take a look at a wedding I did

Ronnie
Ronnie948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 1, 2006, 11:22 AM   #8

Thecartoonist,
I would also love to see some pics!!!!

peafro is offline   Reply With Quote