Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Nikon dSLR

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Nov 17, 2006, 11:40 AM   #1
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 42


I am not exactly sure which one to get. I am not even sure if I have the right name for it. OK, my dad and I went to this tapingof ashow a couple of months ago. There were photographers walkingdown the aisles taking pictures with big flashes like the SB-600.This one girl had this whiteplastic coveringover one of the flashes. (Notentirely over the flash; it was just covering the top of the flash.)It looked like a square box, kind of. When she took the picture, she used the flash, but you never saw the "actual" flash. What was she using? I was wanting to get one for my flash. I hope you know what I am talking about. Please reply!! Have a great day! God bless!

- TheCartoonist

It looked like this:

TheCartoonist is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 17, 2006, 11:50 AM   #2
Senior Member
rey's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 949

That's a diffuser. SB-800 comes with one, while with SB-600 you have to get it separately, or you buy a 3rd party diffuser. B&H currently have a $20 off of SB-800, and Nikon has an additional $10 rebate, which, in my opinion makes it a better deal than the SB-600. I recently bought one and just now learning to use it.

rey is offline   Reply With Quote

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:02 PM.