Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Nikon dSLR

Old Jan 24, 2007, 11:19 PM   #31

Glad to hear my pics helped some of you make up your minds and get the D40. It's a fun camera. I've posted some more D40 pics in a different topic. Check it out!
Tullio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26, 2007, 12:05 AM   #32

Hi Tullio!

Good to see you again and welcome to the nikon forum! I'm very glad to hear your having good fun with the D40 =) It's a good camera and I am sure, from the pics you have taken with your H1, you will get alot out of this lil gem =) by the way, what happened to your H1? still using it?

Cheers,

Peter

Tullio wrote:
Quote:
I was ready to buy a Pentax K100D when Nikon announced the D40. So, I waited. After comparing the two cameras, I opted for the D40 mainly for its fast response and light weight. I received it a little over a week ago and I'm already impressed with its performance. However, I am a bit disappointed with its built-in flash (I have to crank it up to +0.7 in order to get decent coverage) and picture softness (I'm using custom setting "medium high"). Although I haven't had a chance to explore all its settings, I have explore its ISO andmacro capabilities. I've also tried something I haven't read anywhere. I've attached my Ricoh 1.5x tele converter (I use it with my Pana FZ20 and Sony H1) to the kit lens (both are 52mm mount) and took some pictures. I was amazed with the results. Not only the camera metered correctly but it focused accurately as well. I haven't seen very many D40 pictures posted here, so I hope you'll enjoy it!

D40 + Ricoh TC200M
wisely_foolish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26, 2007, 12:43 PM   #33

Hi Peter,

Good to be back and thanks for the welcoming. I haven't really had a chance to do much with my D40 yet.Iwant to test somecamera settings so I understand the difference between them andhow they affectthe image.

As for the H1, I still use it frequently. It has a very powerful built-in flash (much better than the D40 actually), which is great forparty shots and havingthe 12x zoom is very convenient.

Cheers,

Tullio.

Tullio is offline   Reply With Quote