Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Nikon dSLR

Old Feb 2, 2007, 12:57 PM   #1

Well as most of you know i had just recently ordered a D40. I picked it up this morning at 11am and haven't put iot down all day. I was really amazed with it and as matter of fact still am

I think its aperture setting is amazing although i have been using the Manual setting with AF on. Heres a few of my pics from today.

Redsquare is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 2, 2007, 1:29 PM   #2

RedSquare-

Those are some very impressive photos. I am glad you're enjoying your new Nikon D-40.

Have a great weekend!

MT/Sarah
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2, 2007, 2:33 PM   #3

Your dog doesn't look to happy, but I can almost see your reflection in his eyes. Nice shots. I was wondering how you got a sunset and only picked it up today... until I saw your location.
ReneB3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2, 2007, 6:35 PM   #4

Haha she's probably fed up of having her photo took Rene:-)Thats the HumberbridgeTaken from theHessle foreshore inHessle near Hull. Always makes anice photo when the time is right.

Mtclimber:- Thanks for the comment itput a smile on my face

I cant believe How much i've picked it up after a day, Its like it was made for me:lol:Wonderful camera imo exactly what i wanted
Old Feb 2, 2007, 7:26 PM   #5

RedSquare-

You have alludded to a factor that some folks often ignore. There are certain cameras that just seem to loosen or envigorate our creative juices. In this case the Nikon D-40 has done that for you, and that is wonderful!

I have experienced the same effect with my D-50, and now with my D-40 as well. I honestly think that folks have to be more sensitive to the experience they are having with their cameras. That is when the really great photos, just seem to come so very easily.

Enjoy this very special situation, RedSquare, you Hull sunset shows that "the effect is really working. Have a great weekend!

MT/Sarah
Old Feb 2, 2007, 7:31 PM   #6

I did a bit of shopping around rather then buying a camera just because its and Slr that costs a bombWhich do you honestly prefer over the D50/40?
Old Feb 2, 2007, 8:47 PM   #7

RedSquare-

I actully shoot both the D-40 and the D-50 side by side. The biggest difference is that my D-50 can easily use my Nikkor 50mm F 1.4 lens rather easily. That is a lens that I really like a lot. Here is a D-50 sample of what that lens can really do in a photo situation.

MT/Sarah
Attached Images

Old Feb 3, 2007, 4:04 AM   #8

wow that lens sure pulls him away from the background alright. Fantastic captureFor like how much do them lenses go for?
Old Feb 3, 2007, 4:11 AM   #9

Congrats Radsq!

Glad you're enjoying your D40. Thought about getting one but the D50 just fitted so snuggly in my hands! Picked up my D50 with 50mm 1.8 last week, but haven't been out to shoot due to always getting back from work late!

Nice photos BTW! Did you get the kit lens?

-Jacques

Jacques_T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3, 2007, 4:26 AM   #10

Yes i got the Kit lens, all i could afford at the minute,Hopefully getting the 75-300mm nikkor lens soon though maybe in a month or so, i looked at the D50 but just thought it was a bit bulky but thats just personal taste. My cokin 4 star filter still fits on the D40 and so does the lens Hood although when zoomed right out you can slightly see it in the corners.

I'm going out today to shoot some pics so i'll keep you all posted with the latest.

-Dale-