Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Nikon dSLR

Old Feb 7, 2007, 3:13 PM   #1

I have just bought this lens for my D40 and was just wondering if anyone had any pictures of what a 200mm Zoom is like at 200mm.

Redsquare is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 7, 2007, 3:44 PM   #2

sorry, Just realised i posted in the wrong section:roll:I'm sure a MOD wouldn't mind moving it to the relevant section
Old Feb 8, 2007, 9:21 PM   #3

Taken w/ D50 and the 55-200 @ 200mm - From what I recall - auto setting... Handheld.
Attached Images

joeybob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 2007, 9:26 PM   #4

Same lens @ 62mm...
Attached Images

Old Feb 8, 2007, 9:33 PM   #5

200mm - handheld - auto
Attached Images

Old Feb 9, 2007, 9:25 AM   #6

I'm working on a little project using this lens. Check out my website..

www.brucepix.com
BEECEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14, 2007, 7:09 PM   #7

Nice site you have going on. Few nice shots too. Is it your own website or was it a free hosting thing? I used tripod for my free webspace http://redsquare5.tripod.com/index.htmlfor the pics from my old camera. But i now want someone to do me a website for myself with as much space aspossible.

My 200mm lens arrived today and i'm really pleased with it. I honestly cant believe how crisp the pictures are at 200mm. Also got a nice suede Nikon case for the lens and the HD lens hood. for £100. I have also just bought a benro Tripod which is really good. Its the C128 Carbon fibre one but still weighs a Bit, Just ordered a ball joint head for it as it didn't come with a head so i took my old Jessops owntripod to bits and used the head off that:lol:.

Old Feb 14, 2007, 9:34 PM   #8

Dale-

I am delighted to hear that the Nikkor 55-200mm lens arrived and that you are pleased. Suddenly my long standing order for the Nikkor 18-200mmVR lens clicked and I received that lens this week as well.

Frankly, I am amazed at really how good that lens is! Now, I can better understand why folks get so fired up about the Nikkor 18-200mmVR. Here is a sample photo from the new lens taken with my D-50 (the D-40 is still out on loan to our son) using the SB-400 flash in the bounce mode.

MT/Sarah
Attached Images

mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15, 2007, 6:19 AM   #9

The site I use is from a web host called "Homestead". They are a web hosting service. The site cost me about $100 US per year for their basic service not including the cost of the dot-com domain name. The site is easy to use. You just drag things around and insert text and images where you want.

I'm looking for a new tripod too. I've been using an old aluminum tripod which is ok for the smaller point and shoot cameras but I need something a bit heavier for the D50.
BEECEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15, 2007, 12:30 PM   #10

http://www.microglobe.co.uk/catalog/...305c15d61840c3

Check this out, They are quite weighty and are a very tripod for all conditions and situations. Its more or less the same as manfrotto or Gitzo too.

MT Climber- That lens looks to be pretty cool. Was that picture shot at 200mm then? gives of a very narrow depth of field does a 200mm thats why i like it so much