Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Nikon dSLR

Old Feb 16, 2007, 3:48 PM   #1

I thought members may be interested in this new bill it could effect most of our outdoor photography.
A new House of Commons Bill proposes a ban on photography in public places, anyhow click on link, have a read and if you agree register your objection and mail this on to as many persons who you think my be interested.

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/Photography/
lello is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 16, 2007, 11:32 PM   #2

Wow. Good luck with that one . . .

Best.

:angry:

fastglass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16, 2007, 11:39 PM   #3

thats sad...whats this world coming too....well really we all know that !!!!
willow1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17, 2007, 4:11 AM   #4

Where could one read the actual proposed bill put forward in the House of Commons?

Regards
Jacques_T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17, 2007, 2:07 PM   #5

Even if something that restrictive were to actually pass and be ruled constitutional (or whatever test it would undergo in the UK), it's comepletely unenforceable. What are they going to do, hire 500,000 cops to make sure no one snaps a picture with their camera or phone?
G35Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17, 2007, 2:50 PM   #6

This is so sad!
nikon.newbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17, 2007, 3:09 PM   #7

Quote:
Where could one read the actual proposed bill put forward in the House of Commons?
Try a house of commons search 'ban on public place photography'

http://www.parliament.the-stationery.../cm/cmhome.htm
musket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18, 2007, 6:29 AM   #8

G35Guy wrote:
Quote:
Even if something that restrictive were to actually pass and be ruled constitutional (or whatever test it would undergo in the UK), it's comepletely unenforceable. What are they going to do, hire 500,000 cops to make sure no one snaps a picture with their camera or phone?
Exactly!

How will they police over 100,000 new visitors to London central each DAY!!! What about camera phones....I'd love to see them take these away from the people. Will they confiscate each persons camera and camera phone at all airports & ports when they disembark? Me thinks fat chance!

Will they stop artists sketching / painting in town? Not a chance. Just think of the impact on tourism...They'd shoot themselve in the foot...!

-jacques

Jacques_T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18, 2007, 11:20 AM   #9
rey

This is an interesting topic, and I'm sure most people in this forum (including myself) support taking pictures in public. But honestly, it doesn't belong on a "Nikon DSLR" forum. If you want to reach more people, you're probably better off posting this on your local Craigslist site.

rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18, 2007, 1:25 PM   #10

Quote:
This is an interesting topic, and I'm sure most people in this forum (including myself) support taking pictures in public. But honestly, it doesn't belong on a "Nikon DSLR" forum. If you want to reach more people, you're probably better off posting this on your local Craigslist site.
I cannot disagree more.
This thread is the first I've heard of such legislation and, from the looks of it, it's the first others have heard of it as well. It's not so "off-topic" that it hurts the forum in any way.
iCamp is offline   Reply With Quote