Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Nikon dSLR

Old Feb 19, 2007, 11:21 PM   #11

Thank you, Sarah. I know I have steady hands, but never thought they were that steady! I guess once you hold a camera like the FZ20 with the TCON 14B attached to it, you develop that ability (even though the FZ20 has IS, the TCON 14B is such a heavy lens that it makes it very difficult to shoot good images below 1/60).
Tullio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21, 2007, 8:23 AM   #12

Maybe it was the contents of the bottle that helped smooth out the camera shake. LOL. Good shots, really. I have a new 55-200mm and I might just get a TCon for those really long shots.

Greg
gregm1948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21, 2007, 10:24 AM   #13

Hi Greg, I'd be careful about what TC to use. Even though the Ricoh TC-200M is not meant to be usedon dSLRs, it worked OK primarily because of its size and build. Many TC are big and heavy and they may damage the Nikkor lens. I also noticed with the 55-200mm thatthe focus was soft insomecases (even though the camera indicated that the image was focused - obviously since the D40 will not let you take the picture otherwise). I'veread an article about the Pentax K100Dby aJapanese guy who suggested thatthe 11-point focus system in some cameras he tested was skewed by a millimeter or so. Well, if that's the case, it is possible that my D40 has a similar problem, in which case I need to figure out how much it's off by so I can compensate.
Tullio is offline   Reply With Quote