Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Nikon dSLR

Old Mar 2, 2007, 12:13 PM   #1

Hello All, I am new to this forum and would like to say hello to everyone out there! I just bought a used d-100 and know nothing about it, was woundering if anyone could give me some basic's on how and what to set on the camera(I did not get the manual with it, where can i get a manual from?) Any help at all will get me started cause I know nothing at all about camera's.
theo2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 2, 2007, 12:39 PM   #2

The manual can be obtained here:

http://www.nikonusa.com/pdf/manuals/dslr/D100_en.pdf

or if you are in Europe:

ftp://ftp.nikon-euro.com/Manuals/m4W...D100-En_10.pdf
ftp://ftp.nikon-euro.com/download/D1...G_intEn_05.pdf
ftp://ftp.nikon-euro.com/download/D1...eUpdate_En.pdf

You will need the serial number to register to get the download if you aren't already a registred Nikon user.

When you get the manual, I suggest you do a factory reset to get everything to a known starting point.

Keith.
keith1200rs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 5, 2007, 2:50 PM   #3

THANK YOU KEITH!!! I am able to shot some picture's now!! I went to the manual site you gave me and set the camera back to default settings and she takes awesome picture's!! I ordered a manual and quick-start guide off e-bay, cant wait till it get's here so i can learn more about this beast!! Keith the camera has a 18-35 1:3.5-4.5 d nikon ed lens on it Is that a good all-around lens? Also got the big 70-200 1:2.8 af-s vr nikon lens with it( i see that that lens sell's for about $1800.00 alone) Also got a sp-800 speedflash with the camera. I bought all this for 1000.00 I think i did ok on the deal. The camera has a motor drive on it to! Thank You Again for your reply Keith Theo
theo2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 5, 2007, 5:38 PM   #4

theo2 wrote:
Quote:
THANK YOU KEITH!!! I am able to shot some picture's now!! I went to the manual site you gave me and set the camera back to default settings and she takes awesome picture's!! I ordered a manual and quick-start guide off e-bay, cant wait till it get's here so i can learn more about this beast!! Keith the camera has a 18-35 1:3.5-4.5 d nikon ed lens on it Is that a good all-around lens? Also got the big 70-200 1:2.8 af-s vr nikon lens with it( i see that that lens sell's for about $1800.00 alone) Also got a sp-800 speedflash with the camera. I bought all this for 1000.00 I think i did ok on the deal. The camera has a motor drive on it to! Thank You Again for your reply Keith Theo
Theo,

I am glad you have it sorted. I don't have the lenses you mention, but it sounds like you have a good deal there - enjoy!

Keith.
keith1200rs is offline   Reply With Quote