Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Nikon dSLR

Old Mar 9, 2007, 4:13 AM   #21

letting aside macro for the minute, is the new nikon 70-300 VR telephoto lens worth the money it costs? have u or any one elseused it, and can they tell me whether it is 'the choise' for amid range telephoto lens?
amitr0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9, 2007, 4:23 AM   #22

amitr0 wrote:
Quote:
letting aside macro for the minute, is the new nikon 70-300 VR telephoto lens worth the money it costs? have u or any one elseused it, and can they tell me whether it is 'the choise' for amid range telephoto lens?
From what I have seen, it seems to be an excellent lens - better than the 70-300ED I have. There is a review here http://www.slrgear.com/reviews/showp...hp?product=992

Keith.
keith1200rs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9, 2007, 6:13 PM   #23

thanks Keith.

ANY one has any idead how good these Tiffen 67mm Close-up Filter Set with +1, +2 & +4 Macro Lenses.
work with 70-300 VR nikon?

Old Mar 10, 2007, 3:28 AM   #24

amitr0 wrote:
Quote:
thanks Keith.

ANY one has any idead how good these Tiffen 67mm Close-up Filter Set with +1, +2 & +4 Macro Lenses.
If I was going the close up filter route, I would buy one good two element close up lens like the Nikon 6T or Canon 250D rather than a set of cheap single element lenses.

Keith.
keith1200rs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10, 2007, 8:23 AM   #25

amitr0 wrote:
Quote:
thanks Keith.

I have them and used them until I got a Macro lens. The performance was identical to the post earlier in this thread.
ReneB3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 12, 2007, 12:32 AM   #26

> I have them and used them until I got a Macro lens. The performance was identical to the post earlier in this thread.

can u explain which post? Or can u trll in in detail please...
Old Mar 12, 2007, 9:40 AM   #27

If you look at the 2 pictures Kieth1200rs posted in the first and second message of this thread that is almost exactly what I saw with them. If I get time in the next few days I will break them out and get a few examples. I have taken many pictures with them over the years on other cameras where a dedicated macro was not an option. i think they are worth what you pay for them if you don't have a dedicated macro lens.
ReneB3 is offline   Reply With Quote