Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Nikon dSLR

Old Jan 3, 2009, 1:31 PM   #31

yes i have this problem. it's really annoying and happens often. i already changed for a new battery, same problem.
jemrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3, 2009, 4:09 PM   #32

This is a known issue and a downloading the latest firmware from Nikon's site should correct the problem.
rjseeney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3, 2009, 6:25 PM   #33

[sup]So I sent my camera in simply because it still was on warranty and I borrowed a friends D300 (pretty nice camera!!) When I talked to the Nikon rep he did promise me a replacement camera to use from Nikon when mine was in but that never did happen, I am not impressed with Nikon.[/sup][sup]So it was a good thing I have a good friend with a spare camera. I sent it in in Sept and I do have it back. I haven't shot a lot with it since then and I haven't really had problems since I cleaned all the contacts in the late spring of '08. Of coarse I had my firm ware up to date when I sent it in and if there was any new firm ware updates they were updated when I sent it in. Persoanlly I don't think it is a firmware problem. To all who are having problems please clean the contacts on the lenses you are using and on the lens contacts on your camera and of coarse clean the contacts on the battery and on the battey contacts in your camera and see it that will solve your problem. If your camera is still on warranty send it in if you can also.[/sup]
juno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4, 2009, 7:38 AM   #34

This problem has been described in many forums, and by and large, the firmaware update seems to have fixed most of the problems. The D300 seemed to be the body with the most instances of this problem, although it has appeared on the D80 and D3. Most of these users only reported the problem with larger lenses, like the 70-200vr. Many people reported cleaning the contacts with Deoxit cleared the problem up, at least temporarily.

For what it's worth, I have had a D80 for over 2 years, and the D300 for almost one year and never experienced any problems. I've only recently updated the D80's firmware.

Nikon for the most part has very good service and take care of most problems quickly.
rjseeney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20, 2009, 6:46 PM   #35

Just bought a Nikon D80 with a Sigma 18-200 OS.....I have this problem and it's really annoying. It only seems to happen when the camera is detecting the light, battery issue?
Stopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20, 2009, 7:31 PM   #36

Fixed! Got the firmware 1.11 A & B I feel so much better now lol

To download 1.11 A & B for windows http://help.nikon.ca/cgi-bin/nikonca...mp;p_topview=1
Stopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19, 2009, 4:09 PM   #37

me too have the same problem... i have nikon d80 with my lens vr 18-200.. i always bring my two full charged battery ,one of it is a brand new.. but after a few shots , the fully charge battery immediately becomes empty, even when i used my new purchased fully charged battery.. the same thing will happen, it will immediately have a lowbatt sign.. so i always off my camera to reset but the problem always arises.. nothing happens.. i hope nikkon will have a focus on this.. im so grateful for this forum to reveal this problem and i hope it will be solved as soon as possible.. thanks a lot

valdigipv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19, 2009, 6:37 PM   #38

Hi I am back again just to update and so far so good. I haven't had any problems.:-)
juno is offline   Reply With Quote