Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Nikon dSLR

Old Mar 9, 2007, 3:05 PM   #11

Ok. It was just a small file and really looks like some compression problem. Especially with the guys head. The camera has no errors or warnings? It just does not look like an optical problem.
ReneB3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9, 2007, 3:23 PM   #12

OK I just tried a different SD card. Still the same. Here is the another pic. untouched.

http://www.flickr.com/photo_zoom.gne...190&size=l

I took a look at this pic. I just loaded and it doesn't show on the internet like it does on my PC. So you may have to download it to see the true results. Maybe some one that knows how to read the EXIF can tell me if I set something wrong. But honestly I only changed the Beep to off and the Date and Lang. maybe something else I'm not sure. But I reset it.

Does this look like the sensor is bad? I think that is what it's called.

And here is the clean solution ingredients

Cleaning solution-Nettoyant Liquide

Product Contents
75% Distilled Water
20% Ethyl-Alcohol
50% Oxyhydrogen Sodium

Contains 1.06oz (30ML)

Gee, I am about to cry. Really I am. I waited along time and saved my money to get this camera. And now It's broken it. I don't know what else to do.

Anyone seen anything like this before??? Please?

eyescene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9, 2007, 3:24 PM   #13

Nope no errors no warnings.
Old Mar 9, 2007, 3:41 PM   #14

Not that I am a pro... but the image looks TOO Uniformly off... like everyone else is saying a setting.

To me a problem caused by cleaning something you shouldnt would have something like "streak" marks in it etc... This just looks like a poor quality picture to me.
MartyF81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9, 2007, 5:01 PM   #15

That picture looks fine to me. My wife has the same bag.
Old Mar 9, 2007, 5:03 PM   #16

I can read the stuff on the board. What do you see wrong I should be looking for? The other one was more than obvious.
Old Mar 9, 2007, 5:17 PM   #17

Hi Eye,

Why don't you try to put your D-50 in the default mode. The instructions will be in your manual.

The 1st.picture you showed us is just not eniugh resolution. It seems you cropped it and then madethe cropped portionlarger and of course the photo ran out of pixels when you reduced it again to send to this forum.

I really don't think you have a camera problem.

Ronnie
Ronnie948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9, 2007, 5:46 PM   #18

I have uploaded yet another photo cause you all are not seeing what I see....So again I zoomed in and cropped at that zoom so you all can see what I see even when not zoomed. What I see looks like bright shiny, squiggly lines, all over the whole picture. Here's the link

http://www.flickr.com/photo_zoom.gne...655&size=o

I have set the camera to default settings I do believe but will look in the book and see if I have changed something.

I know my fingers had hit the buttons on the top right of the camera could that be something that would cause this. And if sooooo how do I set that back. Anyway wish me luck as I am get the manual out and try to default this camera.

Thanks you guys for being here.!!! I just know we will get to the bottom of this oneway or another, good or bad.
Old Mar 9, 2007, 6:17 PM   #19

Hi Eye,

Send us a wholepicture without any cropping. Just size it to 8 inches wide and 72ppi and save it as a med jpg. then send it. You are cropping a small portion of the picture and then running out of pixels when you blow it back up.
Ronnie948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9, 2007, 7:07 PM   #20
rey

You can use quicksharing.com to upload full images. just put the file(s) in a zip file, upload it to quicksharing.com and post the link it gives you back to this forum:

http://s4.quicksharing.com/

btw, did you use the solution you mentioned to clean the sensor? or just the mirror?

rey is offline   Reply With Quote