Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Nikon dSLR

Old Jul 15, 2003, 1:41 PM   #1

Default Holding out for the new Nikon DSLR

I'm currently using the Canon 10D and the EOS-3 with a good collection of Canon L lenses ranging from 16mm to 400mm including some true macro lenses. I also use the Nikon film cameras such as the F5 and the F100 and and have sereral excellent Nikkor lenses including AF-S high speed. I want to utilize these Nikon lenses but I tend to shoot film less and less everydayso I really want to get me a new Nikon DSLR. I expect Nikon to introduce the new DSLR to replace the D-100 as Nikon has to respond to the best selling Canon 10D. I think the D200 or the D100s will be the better camera than the D100, faster AF processor, incl low ISO setting, better body built, have many features of the Nikon F-100 and price wide will be the same or cheaper than the 10D. So I'm holding out and wait for this little burger to come to this world. Anyone with me???
tuanokc@hotmail.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 15, 2003, 9:31 PM   #2

Once I pay off my loans and start saving again I'll be able to get me that D3 or D300 that should be coming out in 2-3 years :lol: If you're starting fresh on a Nikon DSLR, then wait a few months to see the new Nikon stuff. I hear new lenses are to be released as well, perhaps a real wide angle prime in the 10mm f/2.8G AF-S ED-IF DX ballpark? One can dream, can't we?
marokero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 25, 2003, 1:47 PM   #3

Heck...one of them is already out, the other two(s) are on their way. Nikon is back on the track and in the race.
tuanokc@hotmail.com is offline   Reply With Quote