Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Nikon dSLR

Old Mar 19, 2007, 9:35 AM   #1

NEwbie needs HELP! ... LOL!!!

I am looking at some Nikon stuff on ebay and was looking for some input...

I posted in another thread, but thought some exposure here might help...

http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...mp;forum_id=87

I would really appreciate some thoughts... I am new to the Dslr club and was looking to step up.
I hope this isn't against the rules...

Thanks,

Gary
garjowan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 19, 2007, 1:09 PM   #2

I agree with the recommendation for the kit with the 18-70 for $649. If you want the 70-300 later it's inexpensive. The 18-70 is a great lens and the one I use most of the time. I really like the manual focus by just turning the barrel and not having to flip a lever or switch.
ReneB3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 19, 2007, 1:10 PM   #3

Hi...don't beat your self to death or drive 1 self insane over what to buy..the d50 with the 18 70 looks like what I would go for..(price on your other link) good price!! and all good comments on the lens that I can see.and the price is a great deal...the only thing I would do is look at a few safe sites and see who was lower then buy it you will have the camera and a good lens.then if you want a longer lens save up and buy just a lens lam not to keen on them bundled deals,you kinda get things that is not the best quality like the cheap tripods and the slow memory cards and cleaning kits)...I would get the camera first then build my kit from there...

willow
willow1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 20, 2007, 11:00 AM   #4

thanks for the input guys...

As I stated in my other thread, I bought the D50 with the 18-70 and the Tamron 70-300.

It should be here in a few days and I can't wait to start playin with it!

I will post some shots once I get going... I am sure i'll be asking a lot of questions and looking for help

Bear with me...LOL!!!

Thanks again,
Gary
Old Mar 20, 2007, 4:40 PM   #5

Well done Gazza mate. That's exactly the same route I went down and I haven't looked back since. I am like a dog with two ahem....tails. Lol. I have continued to build up my accessories using ebay. Hoya filters are a steal compared to their new prices.
bootybandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 23, 2007, 9:15 AM   #6

Thanks... It looks like it's "out for delivery" with UPS and I will have it today!... LOL!!

I'm so excited...LOL!!!
Once I get some play time, I will post up some pics and you all can tell me what I am doing wrong :-)