Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Nikon dSLR

Old Jul 24, 2003, 9:38 AM   #11

Nikon filed the trademark for both D2H and D2X, so I believe the higher mega-pixel of the D2 is coming soon. I don't see the reason why you have to spend over $3,500 for a 4.1 megapix DSLR if you're not in the business of high-speed of sport photography. Nikon still have to respond to the success of the Canon 10D, so replacement for the D100 will be here soon. But I give Nikon a hand up to their efforts of incorporate the wireless feature (WIFI) in the new camera, including the RBG color metering system from the F5, and the new AF multi-cam 2000 module. The D2X will be nothing less than the D2H, except the high-speed shooting mode.
tuanokc@hotmail.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 24, 2003, 12:26 PM   #12

Ahhh...nice! I was hoping to inspire some comments!

I am sticking with my previous comments, but overall I am dissapointed with the timing of the release and the "apparent" pricing for how late the timing is. I do appreciate the added features, but am not likely to be a buyer.

I have researching for some time now and how been swaying between the D100 and the Fuji S2. Both are near perfect for my uses. I have decided on the D100 and am picking it up this week.

Individually, I think the S2 has a slight edge, but I, finally, swayed with the D100 because I wnt my equipment serviced at the same location. Also, if there are any problems, I don't want Fuji to blame my Nikon lenses or Nikon to blame the Fuji body. If I have a problem, I can send them in together and know that they will service either to resolve any problems without any conflict.

Since, I am not likely have any sigificant Sports/ Action requirements, the D100 should prove to be an outstanding camera for me. I never need larger than 8 x 10 and most photos are published on the web. The quality has to be diminished for speed on the web anyway.

Thanks, for all your comments! I held out for the release as requested, but it didn't have as major an impact as I had hoped.
twesterd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 24, 2003, 10:23 PM   #13

where is the d2x?
mrdinh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 24, 2003, 11:12 PM   #14

The D2X hasn't been anounced yet. I expect it to be anounced this year... but I don't know when it will come out.

I hope it's soon, though. Canon needs some good competition!

Eric
eric s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 25, 2003, 12:54 AM   #15

yes....please come out where ever you are mr. d2x....i need more pixels....its very hard to crop pics and interpolate them to a larger size....quality isn't there...
mrdinh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 25, 2003, 1:57 AM   #16

the D2X will kick so much ass canon will bleed
LCohen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 25, 2003, 8:15 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by LCohen
the D2X will kick so much bottom canon will bleed
As long as the competition of these two giants is out there, we, as the consumers, will benefit and get a better products for better prices.
tuanokc@hotmail.com is offline   Reply With Quote