Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Nikon dSLR

Old May 4, 2007, 11:31 PM   #1

Hi

I just ordered new SB800 from Beach camera and I want to use it off the camera on a bracket for the best possalbe flash, in shooting weddings and other events. But I as i look for cables i fiond there is soo many choices. so please help me pick the right one for my D50 and D80.

What will some do the others don't and why do they have so many and what one do I need to buy.

Please Help

Signed confused

TexasHillbilly
TexasHillbilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 21, 2007, 9:35 PM   #2

BTT
Old May 22, 2007, 9:26 PM   #3

Hi Texas Hillbilly,

I personaly use a stroboframe press-T bracket and I like the Nikon SC-29 TTL sync cord because it allows a nice focus beam right from the camera hotshoe. The Press-T bracket gets the flash 8 inches above the lens and it is designed that you hold the camera with your right hand as if no bracket at all is being used and this allows your left hand to control the zoom lens and keep it steady from any lens creep etc. I find holding the camera is more secure than holding a bracket with a camera attached. Stroboframe also makes a Pro-T bracket that is the same as the Press-T except it puts the flash at 10 inches instead of 8 inches.

The Nikon SC-29 TTL cord is perfect because you will need the focus beam in dark situations and it is well worth the extra money.
Ronnie
Ronnie948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22, 2007, 9:56 PM   #4

Ronnie

Thanks so much fo your reply and valualbe information

TexasHillbilly