Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Nikon dSLR

Old May 16, 2007, 10:56 AM   #1

i have decided to get d40 and in the future i will get the lens 18-200mm VR

when i look at the lens with d80 it looks pretty good and they match but the body of the d40 is much more smaller and i started to think thatthey may look weird together. any thoughts??

echinacea is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 21, 2007, 7:00 AM   #2

Want to see ugly, I have a D80 with a 17-55 2.8 add the lens hood cant't see the

camera!!
digital demon47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21, 2007, 2:35 PM   #3

Mine looks fine to me set-up that way. You can check out a picture of it at Ken Rockwells site. It was his postings and findings about this camera that had me take the plunge to get this and use my 18-200mm VRII on it.

All that matters in the long run though is if you like it and it does what you expect.

Mahalo,

Tom
vIZnquest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21, 2007, 4:36 PM   #4

call me dumb..

but isnt it about the image going INTO the lense not comming from the lense?
ceecrb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21, 2007, 7:38 PM   #5

The weird question is how the lens mentioned and camera mentioned would look like together. Odd question indeed. When it comes to using a cameracapturing images all that matters is the image that one can capture, not how one looks as far as theirimage with the camera set-up they are using.

I had a brother-in-law (former) whose motto was, "It's not how you feel, but how you look."

I did check the orginal posters other posts andthe images are fantastic.

I was only jesting about your question by the way. It is a bit front heavy feeling but handles very well when shooting. I find this camera and lens set-up to be a very good grab and go combo. It has made my street candid shooting more fun than ever. The only reason I bought the D40 is the dSLR performance and that I already have the 18-200 VRII. There aren't many choices of lenses 16 I believe which is plenty but some are even more expensive that the 18-200 VRII.
Old May 23, 2007, 4:05 PM   #6

There are about 40 lens that auto focus with the D40 (Nikon and Sigma). I compiled a list before I bought the D40 so can pass on the list if anyone is interested. Some of the Nikon ones are extremely expensive.
1eyedeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23, 2007, 5:50 PM   #7

Thanks for the information I only mentioned 16 of the Nikon AF-S lenses. I was unaware or sure that the Sigma HSM would work and the AF-I lenses, well forget about it. Way too expensive.

Mahalo,

Tom
Old May 23, 2007, 6:19 PM   #8

I've got the Sigma 10-20mm HSM and its very quick to focus. I've also just acquired the 50mm 1.8D and having some fun with it. No trouble manually focusing so far but I will only be using it on static objects to isolate a subject.
1eyedeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24, 2007, 5:41 PM   #9

thanks for the replies

i'am only asking it because looking of it is important for me. anyway i have purchased it. just waiting........ hard times... :-)
echinacea is offline   Reply With Quote