Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Nikon dSLR

Old Jun 14, 2007, 9:39 PM   #1

I just got a D40 along with the 55-200 VR lens. I saw a posting on another forum which said something about waiting until the "VR took hold." Is there any special technique to shooting with a VR lens?
rcfuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 14, 2007, 10:30 PM   #2

Read the manual for your lens. If it is the same as my 70-200VR you will notice a slight vibration and then it will lock, you will know it when it happens. Then take your shot.

Doug

rcfuzz wrote:
Quote:
I just got a D40 along with the 55-200 VR lens. I saw a posting on another forum which said something about waiting until the "VR took hold." Is there any special technique to shooting with a VR lens?
dougste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14, 2007, 10:33 PM   #3

Sorry, didn't mean to post twice, ISP problems.
Doug

rcfuzz wrote:
Quote:
dougste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15, 2007, 5:08 AM   #4

I think it's forum problems, not ISP problems--it's doubled a couple of my posts and I'm sure we're with different ISPs.
Tom LaPrise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15, 2007, 5:11 AM   #5

I think it's forum problems, not ISP problems--it's doubled a couple of my posts and I'm sure we're with different ISPs.
Tom LaPrise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15, 2007, 7:51 AM   #6

Hi rcfuzz,

I just take pictures the normal way with my 18/200VR. If using a tripod I always turn off the VR function. I also turn it off when panning. There is a switch to use if shooting from a moving vehical but I have not needed to use that function yet. All of this is in your lens instructions. You are gonna really like the lens you have because the VR function allows hand held photographs that are just not possable without the VR function.

Ronnie

Ronnie948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15, 2007, 8:20 AM   #7

dougste wrote:
Quote:
Read the manual for your lens. If it is the same as my 70-200VR you will notice a slight vibration and then it will lock, you will know it when it happens. Then take your shot.

Doug
Yes, I feel the vibration so I guess that's it. Thanks to everyone for your help.
rcfuzz is offline   Reply With Quote