Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Nikon dSLR

Old Jun 19, 2007, 8:18 PM   #1

Don't know just where I read this from but I decided to give it a go. I am using the brand "OneForAll" but not the latest generation of remote. I don't think it matters a lot as many of the codes are still the same but I did read thatentering a code to controla Sanyo TV works - And It Does... Well, at least it does for me...

I am using a Kameleon URC-8040 1st generation but have 3 other OneForAlls of similar ageand am sure this code will work in all of them...

The code is 0011... Set it to TV control. You press the magic button until the rabbit comes out of the hat, then enter 0011 and it will blink twice, done- Simple...

Once in, you have to tell the D80 to go to Remote control, donewith the front button on the right hand side of the LCD settings panel (NOT the LCD screen), the one that looks like it has3 sheets of paper stacked ontop ofeach other. Just press it until the remote icon pops up in the LCD panel then point the remote at the camera and press. I found that not all the buttons on the remote work but some of the numerical pad buttons (most notably 1, 5 & 7) will operate the shutter. Gave me a heck of a surprise when the flash popped up and it went off in my face. Unlike what I hear about the genuine Nikon remote, you don't have to be right infront of the camera either. This remote has enough grunt to operate it from any angle. I can't remember the prive quoted to me for the genuine item but I think it wasn't that pricey, which is unusal for some other Nikon parts I have bought, but now it costs me a big fat "ZERO" dollars...

I don't know what other Nikon cameras this will work on but tonight I will see my brother and find out of it also works the D200... I am sure it will work on a few others...
Attached Images

fewpics is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 20, 2007, 6:33 AM   #2

I've got Philips Pronto TSU 2000 (An older touch screen model, noting fancy), and I've taught it the signal from the Nikon D80 remote, as well. Why? Well, I can use the D80 with my Pronto at a MUCH further distance than the Niikon remote. I've put the camera on a tripod and used my Pronto from 50 feet away to capture birds at a bird feeder. The distance when usoing the Nikon remote is about 10 feet. Glad to hear other remotes will work as well, good catch!
HughesInNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 20, 2007, 8:43 AM   #3

I understand this works on the D50 and D70 as well

I want to get one of those key chain remotes and try that.
tjsnaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 20, 2007, 4:11 PM   #4

Unfortunately I couldn't get ahold of my brother lastnight to try out his D200, as I have to wait until it suits him sometimes... I did try out the remote for distance on my D80though and I was surprised to see just how far away it operated from - right down the other end of the haulway with ease. I also tried pointing it at different angles and found that nearly vertical would still trigger the shutter, from down in the far room. I could even trigger it from behind, most times and at a reasonable distance, although this may not be so reliable outside, with less objects for the remote signal to bounce from to get to the camera's pickup.I will try it outside at some stage, preferably when it stops raining. One thing I did notice however was that the camera seemed to autofocus, beep and open the shutter exceptionally quickly,, faster than it would normally, so I will have to look at the pictures to make sure it is actually focussing, although I would suspect if it beeps, it will have focussed - maybe - I hope - etc etc...

I am sure this type of remote triggering would work on the D70, D50 and maybe the D40, as they all seem to share a lot in common...
Old Jun 22, 2007, 4:50 PM   #5

I have the same all for one remote and I just tried it on my D70s and it works fine. The only thing is that it fires the shutter twice in a row sometimesfor some reason.

Bob
Bob Mevis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 23, 2007, 3:23 AM   #6

This sounds kinda neat but don't you have to program the remotes with some sorta code? What code are you using? I'll try it with my new D40X as soon as I can.
austintarkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 23, 2007, 7:39 AM   #7

austintarkus wrote:
Quote:
This sounds kinda neat but don't you have to program the remotes with some sorta code? What code are you using? I'll try it with my new D40X as soon as I can.
The code is 0011. Hope this helps!

Bob
Bob Mevis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26, 2007, 9:23 PM   #8

I got it to work on my D50 with a radio shack Ultra-Slim 15-2148

DVD code 1111

The power button fires the camera aftrer a short delay butthe Enter button fires it right away.

EDIT: I seem to have trouble getting it fire every time though.
tjsnaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28, 2007, 12:50 AM   #9

Bob Mevis wrote:
Quote:
I have the same all for one remote and I just tried it on my D70s and it works fine. The only thing is that it fires the shutter twice in a row sometimesfor some reason.

Bob
This happened to me on a few occasions. I found it was me holding my finger on the remote button too long. When I say "too long", I mean barely noticable in terms of time but if I stabbed the button, it went fine. If I pressed the button it would fire twice every now and then...

If you see the photo of my Kameleon 8040 remote you will notice it has a membrane of quite thing plastic over the buttons which have to be pressed quite hard to function properly. Once pressed the digits light up for about 10 seconds and can be pressed at will, but as I said,, I have to sort of stab the button to get a single shot successfully... Maybe yours is suffering similarly...
Old Aug 27, 2007, 8:52 PM   #10

I got it to work on my D50 with a radio shack Ultra-Slim 15-2148

Thanks for all the useful tips, guys! Does anyone know if this remoteactually works on a D80? I also have the above remote, and have tried the above tips, butthe cameradoesn'trespond to it.

Any insight would be appreciated (no pun intended)
denkashenkD100 is offline   Reply With Quote