Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Nikon dSLR

Old Oct 28, 2007, 4:46 AM   #1

I need a small as possible case for my D40 fitted with just one lens for taking out and about maybe a holster type or whatever,Either the kit lensbut sometimes deep enough to fit the 55-200 VR. My Crumpler bens pizza medium is a little short if I have the longer 55-200VR atached sad to say its a cute bag .Have a bigger Tamrac to house everything and to keep bits and bobs but when I go out and about shooting I need a small as poss cam and one lens only bag many thanks. Rodo UK.
rodo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 28, 2007, 5:42 PM   #2

When I bought my D40 with kit lens, the sales guy recommended a Lowepro TLZ Mini. The bag still takes the D40 with 18-135mm lens, and should zip up with the slightly longer 55-200mm VR (extra 13mm), but it would be a tight fit.
1eyedeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28, 2007, 7:30 PM   #3

I'm looking for the smallest possible case for my D40X with an 18-200 VR. Since opinions of a good fit differs from person to person, so I plan visit a large camera shop and try on different camera cases/bags in person. That's the best solution if you live in a large city.
rodmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 29, 2007, 2:31 AM   #4

TlZ Mini . Thank:-) any one else ! Haveother bag for D40 and just one lens atached 55-200 Vr ?

Can I say I love this relaxed ( nice folks ) Steve"s Digicams forums, and great information and/ Steves reviews ect . I think we should all say THANKS :bye:to all who run it for us, I sure want to ,Great place to visit, one of my very favorite places ,Rodo.
Old Oct 29, 2007, 2:49 AM   #5

Thanks , Any one else own / use a one lens bag like the TLZ MINI.! Can I sayThank Youto steve, Jim, and all for such a nice relaxed place to visit great reviews advice and nice friendly folks on all the forums ,

Anouther (was a good site before ) (used to be UK owned before) Ivisited a lotis imogoing down hill latly since being sold It seems so.Its Search engine most times down,Canon bias reviews and silly glowing Canon test conclusions that dont add up to many of us ,maybe theAmazon Influence ? I dont know.But I dont go there much now.