Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Nikon dSLR

Old Nov 18, 2007, 9:33 AM   #1

Just a heads up to those in the UK who may be intrested in going to the Nikon Expo at Olympia on the 27th/28th Nov and see whats happening in the world of Nikon and attend the various free photography classes (fashion, action, wedding/portrait and still-life) that they lay on. I'll be going for at least one whole day specifically for the classes and its pretty good way to meet other photographers and speak to various pro photographers.

http://www.solutions-expo.co.uk/

I wish Oly/PanaLeica would do something similar - Oly did an exhibition in 2006 in central London to show case the E330 but nothing since. I think a 4/3rd show would be great.

Cheers

HarjTT

:O :?

PS

Bye the way its free entry to the expo.
HarjTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 26, 2007, 5:54 AM   #2

Apparently Oly Uk are having a night with David Bailey at the V&A today. I think its invite only so I won't be going , which could well be a good thing :blah:.

Tomorrows the first day of the Expo, so I'll be attending and let you all know how the E1+35-100F2 copes with the various classes that they'll be laying on and if like last year I am the only 4/3rd shooter there. Last year I only had the 14-54ZD and no FL50 which was really limiting in the types of shoots that I could take although the E1+14-54 did pretty well considering.

I'll post images as soon as I can, esp of the portrait/fashion/wedding and possibly of the sports shoots . It'll be interesting to see how the new Nikon D3 and D300's are.

Here's last years pics - I didn't take many at all, which was a bit suprising.

http://harjtt.smugmug.com/gallery/2215466

Cheers

Harj

Old Nov 27, 2007, 11:25 AM   #3

Just got back from the Nikon expo which was very good this year, actually a big improvement over the previous two years I've been. As always the only Oly user there but i did spot a couple of Canon users this year. Camera wise, I had a play with the the D300, very nice build and ergonomics, the VF looks huge a wee bit heaveir than my E1 and the E3 is slightly heavier than the Nikon so thats going to be a change. My only real gripe about the cam was its way too noisy shutter for me. Nikon were really pushing the high ISO perfomance of both the D3 and D300 - and both cameras have really stepped up the performance. They ran one of the classes with the D300 set to ISo2000 and 2500 and the images looked just fab but the D3 really is in another league.

I took 300+ shots and will post a few and a link to the gallery when I can. If your in london and are free tomorrow, I would definitely go to Olympia and check the expo out its really worth the trip just for the classes alone.

Cheers

Harj

PS

I've been going through some of the low light no flash shots taken at ISo400 with the E1 and 35-100F2 as they specially wanted to a no flash shoot to test the new D300's high ISO. My first impressions are that the E1's ISo400= ISO 2000 on the D300 or there abouts.

Old Nov 27, 2007, 8:42 PM   #4

Here's the gallery:

All pics taken in RAW, converted to jpeg in CS3. 50% USM with teh odd one or two with slightly more.

http://harjtt.smugmug.com/gallery/3900589

Cheers

Harj

Old Nov 30, 2007, 9:57 AM   #5

I registered for the Solutions event in Bristol on the 21st November but unfortunately couldn't bunk off work. Shame I missed it.
ron519098 is offline   Reply With Quote