Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Nikon dSLR

Old Apr 9, 2008, 5:18 PM   #21

There are several threads on Nikonians with folks claiming their D300s are faulty because of power problems and virtually all of the people are using the 70-200 f2.8 lens (this is a different issue than knock off batteries). The cameras work fine with other lenses which suggest the problem is that model lens--not the camera.
Zorki1c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 10, 2008, 5:02 AM   #22

Hi ,,

I faced this problem earlier and M still having it ,, I was using 80-400 vr on my D300 , and it wents off frequently showing bat. low ,However the bat. is original nikon branded , anad it came with my D300 , I tried to use another one which is D80 bat. and it happened again , now I just have to turn the cam off and on again to resolve this when it happen !! ,, So I believe it's not a matter of lens type or bat. model , maybe it's something to do with the body it self

any update on this problem is appreciated ,,, Haitham

Regards,
hghareeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 10, 2008, 11:50 AM   #23

I believe the 80-400 is the other lens that generates what appears to be battery problems. Some say cleaning electronic contactcs on the lens and camera will solve it. Other say either the lens of camera must be adjusted.
Zorki1c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 11, 2008, 6:27 AM   #24

all the set ( D300 / 80-400 / Bat ) was brand new and was about 3 day used !!
Old Apr 15, 2008, 6:48 AM   #25

Hi in case if any one still facing the above problem , I already over come it by cleaning the contacts of both the body and the lens !! That is it and it works great now ,,
Old Apr 22, 2008, 8:43 PM   #26

There is a low battery indicator thread on this site about the problem you are having with your D80. I am having the same problem, it seems to have been a problem for a while. Check out the thread I was talking about
juno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 27, 2008, 11:48 AM   #27

I have a new d80, with NIKON battery. Two recharges in and it is refusing to take a charge, or register as charged...

Maybe it's not just a problem with the batteries!
hyppi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30, 2008, 8:17 PM   #28

hghareeb wrote:
Quote:
Hi in case if any one still facing the above problem , I already over come it by cleaning the contacts of both the body and the lens !! That is it and it works great now ,,
I have a D300 for 5 weeks now and have the same issue with the battery indicator showing low power and then turning it on and off resets it to full power. Is this not a warranty issue? How did you clean the contacts? with a brush? alcohol?specific cleaner?

Thanks.
lennyd300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30, 2008, 8:45 PM   #29

This is a known issue. Although you hear about it alot, it is still a rare occurence and the vast majority of D300 owners will never experience it. It seems to mostly occur with the longer VR lenses. Many have reported being able to fix it by cleaning the contacts with Deoxit. Personally, I would either send the camera back to Nikon...they will fix it if it's still under warranty, or better yet, return it to wherever I got it from so I wouldn't be without a camera.
rjseeney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30, 2008, 9:11 PM   #30

Hi There, I cleaned all the contacts on my batteries, lens, and on the camera. I used a clean pink eraser on the end of a pencil. Or you might want to try rubbing alcohol on the end of a q-tip. Just be careful with either method, alcohol is a liquid and might be runny and the eraser will leave eraser. Since I cleaned the contacts I haven't had any problems.
:|
juno is offline   Reply With Quote