Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Nikon dSLR

Old Jan 18, 2008, 2:33 PM   #21

You know, nothing compares to the WB of human eyes! Ah, only my main camera (K10D) comes close, IMO: ) Joke aside, this is actually what thescene looked like. Again shot hendheld @1/2''but with SR which I almost always leave 'on ' Needless to say, the WB was set simply to 'incandescent' !
Attached Images

bahadir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18, 2008, 2:42 PM   #22

Now! Again the back up D40x, the WB set to 'incandescent' but dialed to (+3)

This is one lucky stable shot I shot hendheld @1/2'' among many a trash!!

Looks likemy back upD40xcatches upthe 'main camera' -not% 100 though- don't you find?
Attached Images

Old Jan 18, 2008, 4:34 PM   #23

Both seem adequate, although where possible a tripod would

be preferable to camera shake reductionand stong flash unit

is prefered over the onboard camera flash unit where cicumstances

allow.............................musket.
musket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19, 2008, 3:53 AM   #24

Thank you for the feedbackmusket !

I hopemy initial concernof attaining better incadescent WB performance from the D40x inmy last three posts, the first one of which is in page 1, was not confused much with the trivial handheld issue thanks to the circumstances allow in my dimliving room : )
Old Jan 24, 2008, 5:51 PM   #25

I believe that see some easy color cast but don't see a problem in this. My camera almost never get white balance properly so I rarely use AWB, most of times I either select it from preset or meter with grey.
sensovision is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2008, 4:04 AM   #26

sensovision wrote:
Quote:
I believe that see some easy color cast but don't see a problem in this. My camera almost never get white balance properly so I rarely use AWB, most of times I either select it from preset or meter with grey.
Thanks for your kind interest,mycolleague fromC & T forum: )The above tree pictures were [email protected] WB set to incadescend. Eh, looks like some cameras requiretuningmoreoften than others (even my powershot S70takes care of itself betterin this regard!). I attach againpicture #1from D40xwb set toincadescendbutwithouttuning..
Attached Images

Old Jan 28, 2008, 11:14 AM   #27

Quote:
Thanks for your kind interest, my colleague from C & T forum : )
my pleasure and thanks for sharing your experience since I need to choose camera one day and most likely have to do my choice based on online reviews as all cameras in my region need to be pre-ordered.

Quote:
looks like some cameras require tuning more often than others (even my powershot S70 takes care of itself better in this regard!).
indeed, and this isn't surprising to me, as my older Minolta F200 have really good WB comparing to my current one and other cameras I've had in my hands...
Old Jan 31, 2008, 6:54 PM   #28

sensovision wrote:
Quote:
my pleasure and thanks for sharing your experience since I need to choose camera one day and most likely have to do my choice based on online reviews as all cameras in my region need to be pre-ordered.

Thanks for your appreciation, senso!

I like having both for different reasons : )

Ok! Now, here are two %100cropsof the same compositionwith '0'in camerasettings. The exifs areavailable for your evaluation.

D40x

Attached Images

Old Jan 31, 2008, 6:57 PM   #29

K10D

Attached Images

Old Feb 5, 2008, 10:46 AM   #30

Thanks for sharing this samples, Bahadir!
I've checked them and now it's look more strange than before as I don't see any color cast with Nikon but Pentax got some light yellowish cast ont he building walls and more warmer colors.
But what is interesting that on your photographs I see much clearer details on Pentax, but most of time in reviews I see more detailed photographs produceed by D40x.
I've saw exif and seems that shutter speed was two steps slower in case of Nikon, wonder if there was wind this day or camera was handheld which may lead to such loss of details?