Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Nikon dSLR

Old Jan 27, 2008, 10:22 AM   #1

I am very happy with my D40 and a few lenses purchased 18-55 18-13555- 200VR, I have seen several new imported from JapanI believe D40 bodies or even cheap D40 cameras with kit lens here in the UK.

Question is (any opinions ) I am seriosly thinking of getting at least a spare body then I can fit a different lens on each and use one outdoors, one indoors with my flash for exampleand have futureproofed myself for a few years even if one breaks or is damaged I have anouther , Even if Nikon bring out a D40 replacement I dont think I would go there, maybe wait for future years miss a generation so in love with D40 performance I surly am .:-D

VERY BAD SPELLER AND GRAMMER SO EXUSE THAT PLEASE, Rodo.
rodo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 27, 2008, 10:40 AM   #2

If you use your camera almost daily, it is definitely a good idea to have a backup, with another lens fitted to it. This reduces lens changes, helps cut down on dust issues, and can be faster. You can also share memory and batteries if you get the same body.
rjseeney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1, 2008, 12:42 PM   #3

rjseeney wrote:
Quote:
If you use your camera almost daily, it is definitely a good idea to have a backup, with another lens fitted to it. This reduces lens changes, helps cut down on dust issues, and can be faster. You can also share memory and batteries if you get the same body.
Update on second D40.

Thanks for your sensible opinion , When I saw the D60 with 10 mp( I much preferjust 6 mp) and very little difference to the D40 I jumped and bought a Nikon D40 and 18-55 refurbished with 12 month warranty from Jessops £220 it came today and looks brand new,

They are so good at this price Ill keep both D40 cameras for many years I think so ,yes there will be Imporovements but at what cost the ( law of diminishing returns) D40 handling and photos are awsume enough for me.

Ivehad too many point and shoots and hope to be at the end of four years swopping and changing Ive found nivarna for me . keeping just three F31 F30 and Ixus 950for times I need small in my pocket cam., Ican now save for any new VR lenses that might eventuallytake over from my 18-135 and 55-200 VR sometime in the future but Im very happy with both of those and have the two 18-55 kit lenses as back up, there has got to be an end to my keep buying and trying new cameras.
rodo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1, 2008, 3:02 PM   #4

With the release of the D60, I may jump on a D40 myself if the price gets any lower!!
rjseeney is offline   Reply With Quote