Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Nikon dSLR

Old Feb 9, 2008, 5:07 PM   #1

I really like the way i can easily get detail in whites these were taken at the palace of Fine Arts in san Francisco. How do you post more than one image? I tried to post 2.
Caryl
Attached Images

carylwithay is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 10, 2008, 1:40 AM   #2

Well today, here, was an overcast, humid, boring day -even rained a few times. Iwent with my brother to photograph his radio controlled yacht racing. I do this every Sunday morning. It was one of those days I never get settings right. I decided to take both the D80 and D300 and stage a homemade mini shootout. Not so much a "which is better" but just a straight side-by-side comparison of the two under controlled circumstances. I set each camera to identical settings and placed on the D300 the 18-200mmVR and on the D80the 24-120mmVR. I then took side-by-side photos of certain targets, closeup and distant, with identical focal lengths. I was going to swap the lenses over at half-time but the heavens began to open up so I called it quits,, that plus,, if I didn't get lots of shots of my brothers yachting, he would have my guts for garters...

Certainly one thing which stood out was inevery shot I took, the D300 handled the light a lot better.. Another thing that also stood out even more is - my photography is not that good, I have lots to learn... The D300 seems to mend things for you. I hope it doesn't turn out like a VR lens compared to a non VR lens, where the VR tends to mask the inability of people like me. One thing Ido want is to actually develop a technique. I want to take charge of the camera. The D300 has already demonstrated to me that it is capable of doing many things by itself,, BUT,, then again, that's fine by me. I'll most likely never be a true professional so I may as well have some fun...

I would have loved to have been able to swap over the lenses and do the reverse comparo. Next weekend maybe...
fewpics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10, 2008, 9:06 AM   #3

Congtrats on your D300.

Whites and everything elseare fantastic.

To post more than one image I reply to my previous post, keeping size limits to about 600 pixels wide and below 200KB.

What lens did you get?

Nicholas
nickphoto123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10, 2008, 10:15 AM   #4

I used a 24-120VR for that shot. I also have a 70-200VR and some others from my D70.
Is there some way to post more than one at a time without replying and adding other images.
Caryl
Old Feb 10, 2008, 3:28 PM   #5

I don't know.

Yours is a good question for 'Contact Steve':

http://forums.steves-digicams.com/forums/view_forum.php?id=98

Start a new post there.

Nicholas
nickphoto123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11, 2008, 6:00 AM   #6
NHL

carylwithay wrote:
Quote:
Is there some way to post more than one at a time without replying and adding other images.
Yes - As a matter of fact your PBase account allows direct linking so all you need, is to include the URL of you picture after clicking on the next to last icon on the 1st line of the message when you post, or type in the URL manually and remove the two quotes from the beginning bracket of the (very nice) examples below ( i.e. from "[" to [ ):

"["img]http://www.pbase.com/carylwithay/image/92576511/original.jpg[/img]

"["img]http://www.pbase.com/carylwithay/image/88560844/original.jpg[/img]

NHL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11, 2008, 7:31 AM   #7

Thank you NHL. I shall give it a try.
I was surprised to see you had posted 2 more of my images above but they look fine.
Caryl
Old Feb 11, 2008, 11:47 AM   #8

NHL,

I just wanted to, briefly, jump in here, and mention as to how much I like these two shots of yours. The first one, however, really knocks me out.

Blessings,
Nathan
NLAlston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11, 2008, 12:04 PM   #9

Nathan,those are my shots. NHL got them from my pbase site. Glad you like them
Caryl
Old Feb 11, 2008, 12:32 PM   #10

carylwithay wrote:
Quote:
Nathan,those are my shots. NHL got them from my pbase site. Glad you like them
Caryl
Ooops, Ooops, Ooops :-).

Caryl, I apologize for that. But, yes, I really do like those shots - especially (as already mentioned) that first one. I'll definitely be looking into more of what you will be offering here.

Blessings,
Nathan
NLAlston is offline   Reply With Quote