Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Nikon dSLR

Old Feb 27, 2008, 5:57 PM   #1

I just received my D300, Nikkor 28-70 f/2.8 and SB-800. What I wondering is if I should have a Canadian warranty card in each box. What I did get were "Nikon Worldwide Service Warranty" cards. Stating only the model (typed in) and the distributor (Nikon Canada). Is this legit?

Love to hear from Canadian's who've recently purchased D300's or D3's. Or any other model actually.

Will be e-mailing Nikon Canada about this.

Thanks.
DarkDTSHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 27, 2008, 7:50 PM   #2

DarkDTSHD,

I presume you have seen this page:

http://nikon.ca/en/GreyMarket.aspx

Hopefullyyou buy from a Canadian distributor?
FrankD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27, 2008, 8:11 PM   #3

FrankD wrote:
Quote:
DarkDTSHD,

I presume you have seen this page:

http://nikon.ca/en/GreyMarket.aspx

Hopefullyyou buy from a Canadian distributor?

I bought mine from Henry's.

And yes I read that webpage on greymarket items.

Like I said. I was expecting to see a "Nikon Canada Service Warranty" card for all 3 items. Not a "Nikon Worldwide Service Warranty". I'm guessing you don't own a Nikon DSLR?
Old Feb 28, 2008, 4:26 AM   #4

DarkDTSHD wrote:
Quote:
Like I said. I was expecting to see a "Nikon Canada Service Warranty" card for all 3 items. Not a "Nikon Worldwide Service Warranty". I'm guessing you don't own a Nikon DSLR?
I have a D300 + other goodies on order (from CameraCanada.com). I'll let you know what warranty cards are in the box when it arrives.
FrankD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28, 2008, 9:33 AM   #5

FrankD wrote:
Quote:
DarkDTSHD wrote:
Quote:
I have a D300 + other goodies on order (from CameraCanada.com). I'll let you know what warranty cards are in the box when it arrives.
Thanks Frank. I did check the Nikon Canada website and found out that they are including an International Warranty (hence the Nikon Worldwide Service Warranty card. I just expected to see a paper with "Nikon Canada" on it. I mean in addition to the worldwide yellow/pink carbon copy card with Nikon Canada listed as the distributor.

And welcome to the D300 club!