Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Nikon dSLR

Old Mar 5, 2008, 2:13 AM   #1

I have had this camera for like 2 years and it was working great. Now all of a sudden the camera will not turn on. The battery is fully charged. We didn't do anything different to the camera however am unable to turn it on. When we turn on the button, the display does not show anything. Like in the off position it shows a 9, but nothing else. When I turn on nothing happens. I have to retrieve my pictures. I tried connecting to the computer to download pics, but it will not turn on then either. I tired to view pics on the tv but it will not turn on then either. I do not know what to do. Please let me know if you could be of any help.
nikon_question is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 5, 2008, 7:06 AM   #2

Just realized that I wrote Phone on the title but I meant Camera! Sorry! Any help would be greatly appreciated. I took the memory chip out of the camera and uploaded it into my computer however I am still unable to turn the camera on.
nikon_question is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 5, 2008, 8:32 AM   #3

nikon_question wrote:
Quote:
Just realized that I wrote Phone on the title but I meant Camera! Sorry! Any help would be greatly appreciated. I took the memory chip out of the camera and uploaded it into my computer however I am still unable to turn the camera on.
which camera do you have? After 2 years, your battery could be beyond its useful life where it can hold a sufficient charge to operate the camera.
rjseeney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 5, 2008, 10:47 AM   #4

I can't make any calls on my camera either.

On a more serious note. Check you battery contacts an make sure they are clean. Make sure the battery is seating properly. Then if that fails, take the camera to the local camera store and see if they have a charged batter they can test it with. If it's not the battery, then, I don't see that you have a choice but to have the camera serviced.
tjsnaps is offline   Reply With Quote