Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Nikon dSLR

Old Mar 9, 2008, 7:01 PM   #1

High Capacity vs Ultra Secure Digital cards. Class 6 (6Mb/sec) vs 133x speed ? Which one to choose? The idea is to eliminate shutter lag time between shots and continous shooting with the Nikon D80. Please recommend one. [img]images/emoticons/confused.gif[/img]
Fufa is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 9, 2008, 8:37 PM   #2

Card speed doesn't come into play until the camera's buffer is full. So unless you're squeezing off more than 7-10 shots (RAW, even more if you're shooting Jpeg) in a row, card speed really won't matter much. Plus the D80 won't shoot any faster than 3FPS anway. I achieve this number (or close to it) regardless of which card I use. Card speed does make a big difference when unloading pictures.
rjseeney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9, 2008, 9:19 PM   #3

I agree with rjseeney, I don't see any difference either in my D80. It made a difference on my D70. I have 2 sandisk (blue ones) 4 gb cards and one Ultra II and they perform the same. Now I didn't put them through any tests. Just didn't notice any difference. So I'd get what was cheap and available.
ReneB3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9, 2008, 9:23 PM   #4

Thank you guys, I'm sure I'll have plenty of more questions as I get started with the camera.

Fufa is offline   Reply With Quote