Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Nikon dSLR

Old Mar 11, 2008, 8:03 AM   #1

On my nice new and first DSLR is a feature which allows me the options of RGB1= portrait colours, RGB 3 =landscape colours and Adobe 2 = extensively processed or retouched. I have photoshop elements and do manipulate some but not all of my photo's ,also I print off some of my output on an inkjet printer. My question is, has anyonegot + /-experiences of these modes and what is the camera best left on?.:?

I know I can experiment and play but I would appreciate some advice /comments from you guys out there with more knowledge and experience than myself.

Thanks.
deadshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 12, 2008, 1:47 PM   #2

I use the Adobe colour space.

There's a lot of information on colour spaces here http://www.steves-digicams.com/techc...ober_2006.html

Ken
Nagasaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 12, 2008, 3:37 PM   #3

deadshot wrote:
Quote:
On my nice new and first DSLR is a feature which allows me the options of RGB1= portrait colours, RGB 3 =landscape colours and Adobe 2 = extensively processed or retouched. I have photoshop elements and do manipulate some but not all of my photo's ,also I print off some of my output on an inkjet printer. My question is, has anyonegot + /-experiences of these modes and what is the camera best left on?.:?

I know I can experiment and play but I would appreciate some advice /comments from you guys out there with more knowledge and experience than myself.

Thanks.
Unless you're willing to properly calibrate your monitor and printer I'd stay with sRGB. The colors using the Adobe RBG color space are noticeably duller as well. Here is a great article on this very topic...

http://www.kenrockwell.com/tech/adobe-rgb.htm

I have my DSLR set to sRGB. Hope this helps.
DarkDTSHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13, 2008, 11:05 AM   #4

Thanks for your replies, the two sites suggested were very interesting as regardsAdobe . Ken Rockwell seems in no doubt what so ever. Of course the question remaining is "is it worth swapping between 1 and 3 depending whether you are taking portraits or landscapes ". Unless anyone has a definitive answer I feel some experimenting coming on.

Anyway thanks for your help.
deadshot is offline   Reply With Quote