Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Nikon dSLR

Old Mar 12, 2008, 3:43 PM   #1

FINALLY!! www.dpreview.com posts their review of the D300. They've always been the first to post in the past. Any how their review is still worth a read. See here...

http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/nikond300/
DarkDTSHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 12, 2008, 5:17 PM   #2

hell yeah! and lots of pages in it!

chris89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 14, 2008, 8:27 AM   #3

Good review with nothing to add to others already on the web.

There is one error in their review. They state the D300 is a 'semi-professional' camera.

As a D300 owner since November 2007, I can honestlyaffirm that the D300 is a truly Professional camera; professional in bulid, technology, speed, AF, functionality with external flashes,image quality, Live View, etc., etc., etc.

All IMHO as a people photog.

Nicholas
nickphoto123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 14, 2008, 8:47 AM   #4

nickphoto123 wrote:
Quote:

There is one error in their review. They state the D300 is a 'semi-professional' camera.

As a D300 owner since November 2007, I can honestlyaffirm that the D300 is a truly Professional camera; professional in bulid, technology, speed, AF, functionality with external flashes,image quality, Live View, etc., etc., etc.

Nicholas
I would agree that "professional" is a relative term. I'm sure there are "pro's" using even D40's (at least people earning money with their camera). However, Nikon even refers to the D300 as semi professional and it clearly slots below the D3, which is truly a pro camera. I do think what Nikon has done with the D300 is pretty amazing, and the fact that many pro's are using a "semi Pro" camera tells the story as to how good this camera is. Whether it's pro or not is just a question of semantics.
rjseeney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 14, 2008, 8:52 AM   #5

There is no question, other than semantics, that the D300 is a professional camera, designed to meet the needs of almost every photo shoot when it comes to people photography.

Thanks for the exchange of ideas.

Nicholas
nickphoto123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 14, 2008, 2:43 PM   #6

rjseeney wrote:
Quote:
nickphoto123 wrote:
Quote:

Nicholas
I would agree that "professional" is a relative term. I'm sure there are "pro's" using even D40's (at least people earning money with their camera). However, Nikon even refers to the D300 as semi professional and it clearly slots below the D3, which is truly a pro camera. I do think what Nikon has done with the D300 is pretty amazing, and the fact that many pro's are using a "semi Pro" camera tells the story as to how good this camera is. Whether it's pro or not is just a question of semantics.
Good review, maybe not a pro camera but certainly very close to one

It might have to past the hammer test first before considering it a pro:-)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mNA53jvAod0

...........:|............musket

musket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15, 2008, 10:01 AM   #7

that's funny, i actually did that to the d300. It worked a charm, although the nails where a bit bigger. It left a small paint scratch, nothing different from the tripod scratches
chris89 is offline   Reply With Quote