Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Nikon dSLR

Old Apr 9, 2008, 8:42 PM   #1

Second day with D80, doe anyone have any sugestions on the auto iso for sports? Or, should I set the iso for consistancy?

I was shooting at a baseball game today anf I noticed the auto iso changing from 100-400?
Angel L. is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 9, 2008, 9:05 PM   #2

I never use auto ISO in shooting sports. I adjust the ISO manually if needed. I don't find auto ISO all that useful in most situations.
rjseeney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 9, 2008, 9:54 PM   #3

Thats what I thought, but I read the Ken Rockwell guide. He stated auto iso for Nikon was very acurate.
Angel L. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 9, 2008, 11:14 PM   #4

I agree with rjseeney. I personally shoot with a fixed iso for more control. Also, I always use A or M, the rest are useless to me...:blah:

PS I read Ken Rockwell from time to time, but I'm sure to not make him my only source of info. He loves Nikon, and while I have no doubt Nikon's auto iso is very accurate, I would be willing to bet He never uses it. my .02...Robert
Hawgwild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 10, 2008, 6:46 PM   #5

I like to selectmy aperture and shutter speed to what I want and if the camera doesn't like it, I will either go to auto ISO or keep resetting it till I find what works best with smallest ISO possible, depending on what effect I want to capture.

The D300 seems to provide good results as high as 800 on some shots and 1600 if you're lucky on others.
Valleyjim is offline   Reply With Quote