Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Nikon dSLR

Old Apr 13, 2008, 1:58 AM   #1

Hello lovely Nikonians,

In the name of my best photographer buddy, who owns a ample Nikon lenses + a D2x body...acquired recently a D-300 body + the MB-D10 grip.

He want to know how is possible that his DX2 battery can be use with the MB-D10 externally batteries holder grip, as the EL4 battery provide 11.1 volt & the D-300 supplied EN-EL3e only 7.4 volt. BTW...my buddy don't comprehend English for so he ask me to write this query!:?

Also, if any of you use instead any lithium Nikon batteries 8 AA rechargeable Ni-MH 2,500mv batteries & if yes how much quantity of photos allow you a set of 8 full charged batteries?:?

Thanks in jis name for your polite/honest & kindly input:idea:

Peace,

Alex 007:|

Alex 007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 13, 2008, 8:19 AM   #2

Hello Alex,

The Nikon web site lists the various battery options that are available when using an MB-D10. See http://www.nikonusa.com/Find-Your-Ni...page?pid=25359

I don't know if there is a Hebrew version of the web site that might be easier for your friend to understand.

Hope this helps.
FrankD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 13, 2008, 8:31 AM   #3

Hi Frank,

Thanks a lot...we saw this exactly page...but more specific information can't be obtain...what he want to know...HOW...a more powered D2x battery can be use with this "Add On Grip"?:?

Plus is some other D-300/MB-D10 owners have experienced, using 8 Ni-MH batteries instead the supply D-300 battery/s?:?

What ever dear Frank, thanks a lot!

Peace,

Old Apr 13, 2008, 10:56 AM   #4

Hi Alex,

I only have a D300 so I'm only familiar with it. I believe the D2X uses the EN-EL4a battery. If I correctly understand what I read your friend will need tohave the MS-D10 adapter to go with his MB-D10 grip. With this combination he should be able to use his EN-EL4a or the 8 AA Ni-MH batteries you mentioned.

How is the higher power handled? We have to trust that the Nikon engineers have done their work correctly and that the grip and/or camera has the necessary power regulation circuitry to prevent damage! The Nikon information does indicate that 8 fps are possible when using multiple batteries. Wow!

Regards.
Old Apr 14, 2008, 12:11 AM   #5

Hi dear Frank,

Thanks a lot...he saw here in Israel where we live the D-10 grip, seems to him that "Includes" all the adapters, but as his Son went to NY...he will buy there...& from the same Nikon USA page...seems me that there in US the adapters are "Extra".:!:

So, during meantime...I personally think that is better to wait till his Son will came back from NY & we will see with our eyes what came inside the box...with adapters or not...:?

BTW...I'm thinking to buy a D-60 with ONLY the 105mm VR macro lens with "Nano" coating...it's possible that I will get some Pensioner extra money. Today I don't own any Nikon product!.

Thanks again for your heart fully responses,

Peace,

Old Apr 14, 2008, 7:45 AM   #6

Hello Alex,

I agree with you. The wording on the Nikon web site is a little confusing . It implies that the MS-D10 adapter is included with the MB-D10 grip. However, the local distributor here in Canada lists it as a $28 extra.

It sounds like you are ready to move to the 'dark side'. Are you giving up on your 7D? I bought a Tamron 90mm Macro to use with the D300 and sparked a discussion that you may find interesting. See http://forums.steves-digicams.com/fo...mp;forum_id=66

Regards

Old Apr 14, 2008, 8:50 AM   #7

Hi Frank,

Yes I own & use till today my first DSLR that I acquired a KM 7D till yet NO FBF...

Also later I brought a Pentax K10D, which really I enjoy!

As I'm near 65 years old...MUST look forward ONLY for a VR fitted lens...after a deep study, I came upon...that a expensive Nikon body is totally unnecessary...BUT...a prime quality macro lens is IMPERATIVE... What you think/consider?:P

For that reason Can't look for any other brand or older Nikon 105mm macro lens with out VR issue!.

Be well & thanks so much, for your input...:-)

Peace,

Old Apr 15, 2008, 6:41 AM   #8

Alex 007 wrote:
Quote:

As I'm near 65 years old...MUST look forward ONLY for a VR fitted lens...after a deep study, I came upon...that a expensive Nikon body is totally unnecessary...BUT...a prime quality macro lens is IMPERATIVE... What you think/consider?:P

Hello Alex,

I only recently moved into the Nikon world so I don't know much about the D60 or the micro Nikkor. Certainly from the reviews the 105mm micro Nikkor looks like an excellent choice. As I recall you already have a Minolta 100mm f/2.8 Macro. I too had one of these lenses and thought it was a supper lens. For me it would be a very difficult choice between the D60+105mm f/2.8 or perhaps keeping your Minolta 100mm f/2.8 and replacing your KM 7D with a Sony A700.

Regards
Old Apr 15, 2008, 7:04 AM   #9

Have a nice day my dear Frank,

After been reading a lot...came to my sole conclusion...that "Stabilization" inside the lens is far superior that as my two already owned cameras a KM 7D & a Pentax K10D.

Yes your recall 100% well...BRAVO!

I still owning & now currently in use the 100mm Macro 2,8, among us...i don't think that the newer Nikon one will be MUCH better that the Minolta one...buts the inside lens "VR" & internally focus motor gear it's much...much... faster & barely heard the focus movement.:P

Now I'm dreaming...all depends IF...? I will get such life insurance policy security money at 65 years old. Or better (What you think???), to guard the money till will released the FF D-400!:?

Cheers, & peace,