Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Nikon dSLR

Old Sep 24, 2003, 10:32 PM   #1

Default Nikon SB-50DX ??

I am going to purchase the D100 by end of week. I am planning on getting the Nikon AF 18-35mm lens (already own a Nikon AF-S 24-120mm VR with my Nikon N80). With the little money I will have left (after purchase), should I use my existing Nikon SB-28 speedlight or invest in a Nikon SB-50DX speedlight? The only time I will use my speedlight is indoor pics of family members (groups) with the AF 18-35mm lens (e.g. Christmas, New Years, children's birthday parties, etc...). :?:
agiaccio is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 25, 2003, 3:42 AM   #2

Default Re: Nikon SB-50DX ??

Quote:
Originally Posted by agiaccio
I am going to purchase the D100 by end of week. I am planning on getting the Nikon AF 18-35mm lens (already own a Nikon AF-S 24-120mm VR with my Nikon N80). With the little money I will have left (after purchase), should I use my existing Nikon SB-28 speedlight or invest in a Nikon SB-50DX speedlight? The only time I will use my speedlight is indoor pics of family members (groups) with the AF 18-35mm lens (e.g. Christmas, New Years, children's birthday parties, etc...)
The SB28 can only be used in the Auto and Manual modes with your D100, which only supports D-TTL rather than the traditional TTL mode. Only the DX type flashes can be used in the D-TTL mode. Therefore, if you are not comfortable in using your flash in Auto or Manual mode, you'd better get a DX flash. The SB50DX is the cheapest one!

CK
http://www.cs.mtu.edu/~shene/DigiCam
Nikon Coolpix 950/990/995/2500/4500 User Guide
shene is offline   Reply With Quote