Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Nikon dSLR

Old Jun 28, 2008, 4:36 AM   #11

Folks!

My second photo named..."Don't look at me...so angry...!"

What you think?:idea:

Peace,

Alex 007:|
Attached Images

Alex 007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 1, 2008, 11:31 AM   #12

Nice shots and great piece of kit you have now

add to that 'dxo lens correction' software and the results will be

hard to better, just be careful if your cleaning the sensor

so as not to clean off the low pass filter coating :-)

happy shooting ...................musket.
musket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 1, 2008, 11:45 AM   #13

Hi my dear Musket!

The main reason why decided to acquire ONLY this 18-200mm VR lens...is very simply...DON'T want to open the lens mounting hole again...the lens will REMAIN fitted till I will pass away!!!:idea:

So dust inside will be extremely difficulty to enter...also I guard the camera very well protected.

My dear Musket...is a "Joy to Own" the feeling when I handle it...is Amazing!!!

Thanks,

Peace,

Old Jul 1, 2008, 12:50 PM   #14
Administrator

Great photos Alex. I'm glad to see that you like your newest camera and lens.

It looks like the D300 is doing a great job for Dynamic range for preserving more highlight detail, with the Active D-Lighting on Low helping out by lightly boosting the shadows without overdoing it.

It's amazing how sophisticated image processing in a camera is becoming now. That reminds me of my Sony A700's various Dynamic Range Optimization Settings. It's using a Sony 12MP Sensor like your D300. Most of those types of camera settings do basically the same thing. They're just analyzing the image and varying the tone curve to boost the desired areas, and they give you a variety of styles to choose from.

Sometimes, I'm tempted to get an all-in-one lens like an 18-200mm, 18-250mm, 28-300mm, etc. I haven't given into that temptation yet, though. lol

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 1, 2008, 8:15 PM   #15

Location: Hebron, Kentucky (northern Kentucky/Greater Cincinnati):KCVG

Alex,

Were these pictures taken with the default settings or did you increase sharpness, contrast, etc in the D300? Or did you perform post processing? Unfortunately, I was unable to get (what I thought to be) good images with the default settings. I am an experienced DSLR user and can't believe that my skills are poor. On the other hand, I'd like to know that the D300 I was testing was not defective. While I am impressed with the flexibility and adjustments available in the D300, I was expecting base (default) capability to be excellent, and with fine tuning to be superior.

Based on downloading and installing the D3 settings, I saw some substantial improvement. See my separate thread on requesting feedback for the D300 at http://forums.steves-digicams.com/fo...p;forum_id=58. FYI I was testing the same set up (i.e. D300 + 18-200 VR). What am I missing:?

Jay
Wingman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2, 2008, 5:15 AM   #16

Hello my dear Jim & Jay!

O.K...the truth...yes Jim ..,always download to my Picasa photo organizer, there if It's needed (And 90% i do it...i crop!), press "I'm feeling lucky"...but...this time with my Nikon D-300...discovered that do more "Harm' that good (Which WASN'T before with my others DSLR KM-7d & Pentax K10D), with those two WAS almost "Imperative"...now only 5% helps!!! Amazing...can't beleived at all!!!. After use my PSP-9/0/1, ONLY at "Clarify/Unmask Sharpening" saved back to Picasa & open the "frameFun" programs for add border & frame to them...(Not always...but candidly...80%). back to Picasa saved for mail it trough my Gmail account or export to my "Desktop"... for add here for share with all of you.

I'm so happy that decided to share with you, two more examples from the same walked day!:G

Cheers,

Peace,

Attached Images

Old Jul 2, 2008, 5:22 AM   #17

As promised the second one!

Cheers,

Peace,

Attached Images

Old Jul 3, 2008, 10:14 AM   #18

Hello my lovely "Nikonians"!

Today got my two days ago ordered Ridata 150x speed 1GB CF card...so I snap a few photos among them two want to share with you!:idea:

Now with my D-300 got two cards this one 1GB 150x speed, & a Transcend 512MB 80x speed...which is enough for my needs!

BTW...Amazing don't download the today received Ridata card faster that my Transcend one both trough the camera cable or using the cable show me nominally 8/9 mb. I was 100% sure that will be faster...but...:sad:

Among us...it's NOT so badly...as I'm NOT so hurry!:-)

Enjoy!

Peace,

Attached Images

Old Jul 3, 2008, 10:18 AM   #19

Now to the second one!:-D

Enjoy!

Peace,

Attached Images

Old Jul 26, 2008, 3:21 AM   #20

Hi again to all my D-300 Nikonians lover/owners & fans!

From my today ismpiration...!

Named...Please..."Give me some water!!!":?

"A" selected a smaller lens aperture..., a little crop & "Duto" adding in my Picasa photo organizer...copied to the "Vista' pictures library; from there opened again with my lovely PSP-9.01 there "Clarify + Unsharp Mask" & a black border (Here almost impossible to see as all the background is black & saved back to my Picasa photo organizer for make possible to share it with all of you!.

Enjoy!

Peace,

Attached Images