Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Nikon dSLR

Old Jun 23, 2008, 7:15 AM   #1

Hello Nikonians!

Today I'm very happy/proudly to joint your erudite forum group...with my "Auto gifted" D-300 with my selected & ONLY lens to be fitted,,,(Yes...will be like a Point & Shoot DSLR!), 18-200mm VR lens & added a Hoya pro-1 Digital UV filter at the front element for mainly protect the front glass element!.
I will be extremely pleased, to get from all of you...how to "Select' the best possibility on the menu for obtain at jpg "Fine' the "Creme de la creme" results.
What I mean, & want is your cute & sincerely experienced heart fully advice in relation to the "Set-Up" issue...as exist there a lot of possibilities & maybe I will get confused or something like so!?.
Thanks so much for your polite good will to me!

Peace,

Alex 007:|
Alex 007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 23, 2008, 8:43 AM   #2
Administrator

Don't you have multiple Minolta and Pentax dSLR models already? ;-)

Congrats on the new camera.

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 23, 2008, 10:47 AM   #3

That's alot of camera to use just for point and shoot. The D300 does have a program mode, but one of the great features of the camera is it's incredible flexibility. It's almost infinitely customizable...I don't think there is one set of features that will universally give great results. I started with the custom banks recommended on www.nikonians.org and mad adjustments from there. I did download the D2X picture controls, and am much happier with my results over the preset picture controls already in camera. It is a daunting camera to set up and be prepared to do some resets if you do alot of tinkering.
rjseeney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 23, 2008, 11:25 PM   #4

JimC wrote:
Quote:
Don't you have multiple Minolta and Pentax dSLR models already? ;-)

Congrats on the new camera.
Hi my dear Jim!

Yes it's true...want to sell my Pentax outfit & remain ONLY with my KM 7D (Love sentimentally Minolta since decades!), + now this D-300 (P&S), outfit.

With my Minolta lenses...maybe...today I'm NOT really 100% decide; to buy a Sony full framed A-900...when will be available & ONLY after a year...(Bugs fixed + lower price!), as you already know I own 6 full frame film lenses...but again will depends how I will feel & if my hands will remain steady!:?

Soon will share some photos...need to learn more deep how to get the best of it!

Peace.

Old Jun 24, 2008, 4:46 AM   #5

Hello Nikon D-300 Fans!

After been learning, decided to share with you 3 photos form today test!. At "P" + "Active (Normal) D-lighting" feature!.:idea:

Of course any constructive observations are heart fully welcomed!:P

Enjoy!

Peace,

Attached Images

Old Jun 24, 2008, 4:48 AM   #6

The second one!

Peace,

Attached Images

Old Jun 24, 2008, 4:51 AM   #7

Last one!

Peace,

Attached Images

Old Jun 26, 2008, 5:06 AM   #8

Hello to all Nikonians & D-300 fans!

I decided to share with you my "Auto-Gifted' outfit...that i ask to the photo store owner . when will obtain a complete body/18-200mm for the "Japanese Market'...to call me at home. So he do it...& here snapped the outfit together with their respective boxes + my selected Hoya Pro 1 Digitally UV filter made in Japan that I use all the time as a "protective' front element glass!.

Yes...it's possible that I'm a stupid/and "Purist' that today still believing that products from Japanese market or FOR the Japanese market are better that same product exported around the world!!!

Whatever all of you may think...at my 65 years old...I'm 100% sure that I will not Change my heart fully thinking...sorry folks!!!:P

Peace,

Attached Images

Old Jun 26, 2008, 11:32 AM   #9

D-300 fans!

Today inspiration!

Enjoy,

Peace,

Attached Images

Old Jun 28, 2008, 4:31 AM   #10

Hi my dear D-300 fans & owners!

Today decided to get some "Vitamin D", in a extremely hot & sunny day...so walk for a few hours in the city where I live & here decided to share with you two flowers, that I love them very much...hope that all of you will agree!:?

This first one...named..."Lost my Sisters"!!!

"P" at 200 ISO Auto light balance + active D-lighting (Low). can't recall the exposure but was imperative to crop a little bit PP with my lovely PSP-9.01 photo software & border/frame added trough "FrameFun' free program. Both use the same procedure!

Of course any input/critic will be extremely helpfully!

Enjoy,

Peace,

Attached Images