Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Nikon dSLR

Old Oct 9, 2003, 12:16 PM   #11

How do you set teh file to uncompressed in the D100 that may be very important to know?
mbuonanno@alum.mit.edu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 10, 2003, 7:34 AM   #12

On the D100 you go into -

Shooting Menu > Image Quality > NEF (RAW) > NEF Mode
checklg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7, 2003, 5:32 AM   #13

Default Re: D100 Curve Settings

Quote:
Originally Posted by tedj101
you will still be able to specify which curve in your camera you want it to use by choosing one of the standard curves or your now immutable custom curve in the color curve menu....
Where do I find the curve settings on the D100 - I can't seem to find the menu item?

Thanks
ER
eriseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7, 2003, 1:11 PM   #14

Default Underexposed D100

I'm not sure I got this right but a lot of people think that the D100 produces underexposed photos. That may or may not be true but from my work it seems that having underexposed photos would be okay since you can fix that easily. If you had a properly exposed digital photo on average there might be a few spots (small highlights) that you would have not information in. So considering that maybe being consistently slightly underexposed is preferred to those who deal with photos in Photoshop anyway. If I get a slightly overexposed photo and bring it to Photoshop there isn't that much I can do to fix it and I know it's doomed from the get go.

Being half a stop underexposed might be the goal in digital photography where the sky is the limit in post camera production if you have the information.
mbuonanno@alum.mit.edu is offline   Reply With Quote