Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Nikon dSLR

Old Dec 30, 2008, 4:52 PM   #1

hey all,
i'm actually trying to help out a d80 user, i have a d50 and these settings seem to be just different enough that i can't quite get them figured out. is there a way for the 80 to be in full auto iso mode like in the 50? for example, if i set the 50 to sport mode iso auto appears and the camera sets it itself and in a, p, m and s i can override the iso and set it myself.

the 80 seems to always be in what ever iso it is manually set to, i know i must be missing a setting (or combination of settings) instruction manuals were never my thing.

any help would be greatly appreciated

neil
kneil1366 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 30, 2008, 6:09 PM   #2
Super Moderator

I've just moved this to the Nikon section for you so the knowledgeable people there can help you out.
Mark1616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 30, 2008, 6:29 PM   #3

Custom Setting Menu...ISO AUTO...ON.

the Hun

rinniethehun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 30, 2008, 6:50 PM   #4

yes but it only seems to function automatically in p,s,a and m which is exactly opposite the d 50, where auto iso works in the pre-programmed modes, sport, auto, etc which is fine because who needs them anyway and you manually set the iso in p,s,a and m.

like i said in the first post, i'm trying to help my friend out so it's not like i have the camera and manual in front for hours at a time, but i did notice that auto iso came on when i was in aperture priotity which just seemed backwards.

shed any light?
Old Dec 30, 2008, 7:03 PM   #5

Your friend must have changed the defaults...the default ISO for P,S,A, and M modes is 100. The default for AUTO and program modes is AUTO ISO. Try resetting the defaults.

the Hun

Old Dec 30, 2008, 8:34 PM   #6

gracias
Old Dec 30, 2008, 9:11 PM   #7

ok just checked with him, he has a lot of changed settings that resetting to default would undo, any other work around you are aware of?

Old Dec 30, 2008, 9:16 PM   #8

Other than a global reset, I'm not sure. There may be a way to reset only the ISO defaults, but you'd better dig the manual out for that one.

Good luck.

the Hun