Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Nikon dSLR

Old Feb 21, 2009, 11:31 AM   #1

Hi:
I just received my new Nikon d80 and the shipped a Phoenix 28-70 crap lense with it instead of the Sigma they told me they were sending me. The sample shots I took all seem to have some blurry overtones in each one. Here is one, when magnified up to 100% its blurry. John
jcarboski is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 21, 2009, 6:59 PM   #2
Super Moderator

Hi John,

Nothing is attached can you please post it again? Don't just edit the first post as anyone watching this thread (me included) won't get notification that it has been done.

As for the lens, if they have not shipped what they said then this really needs to be sorted out. Which Sigma was it you were meant to have received?

Mark
Mark1616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21, 2009, 7:59 PM   #3

Mark:
I went to ritz camera today and brought my camera and "cheap lense" to verify if it was the lense. I found out it was exactly that. I switched off my Phoenix 80-70mm and replaced it with a Sigma lense and all the pictures were sharp and very clear. The attendant told me it looked like the lens was cloudy and also agreed they shipped me a cheap lens. I will call monday and see if they can ship me the Sigma lense like they were suppose to. The problem is that if I were pissed and wanted the whole thing sent back for a refund, that I would be nailed with a 15% restocking fee, and that could be costly after paying $704 for the kit. Hopefully they can agree on a lens to ship me as I send this one back. Here is a sample that had to be resized to show you so hopefully you can see what I see. John
Attached Images

jcarboski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21, 2009, 8:23 PM   #4
Super Moderator

Glad you have found where the problem is. Now I'm not sure about US retail law but over here in the UK if you were supplied something different to what you paid for and it had to be returned as what you wanted couldn't be supplied then they wouldn't havea leg to stand on if they wanted to charge you a restocking fee. It is not you who has made the mistake. Also in your situation not only is it the wrong lens but also the one they sent is faulty so again not your fault.

I hope you get this resolved quickly so you can get on and enjoy your photography.

Mark
Mark1616 is offline   Reply With Quote